Where could I apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itstooth

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear all,
I got my result ystrday scoring 90%

Could anyone please guide me if I can still apply in any of the schools. If yes, which all schools will be still accepting applications , secondly, if they are accepting applications then is it worth when they are so near to deadlines and most of the seats would be already filled. Need help..Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi ItSTOOTH I am also in the same state as yours.Where are you applying.Most schools had their deadlines in Sept or December.

hi nbc,
I have no idea at all...I was planning to apply for BU or NYU which have 1feb as deadline but looking at the acceptances, I guess 75 seats are already full :( So, I am :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Much reshuffling takes place between now and August; I'd recommend applying to BU and NYU asap.

hi itstooth and herodontist,
my score is 90 too...
got my score in november, so i applied only to UPenn and Boston.
UPenn rejected my application, and havent heard from boston yet.
If you know of any more colleges that are still accepting applications, could you please let me know too?
what are your TOEFl scores and GPA?
ksr

Hello KSR,
I didn't apply to new of the schools this time, I 'll be applying for the 2008 session. Did any school tell why they have rejected application like UPenn, its like their seats are full or they are having ppl with better scores than this. Secondly, did you get any reply from Boston that your application is complete? When did you apply in Boston, in Nov or Dec?

hi itstooth,
i think you have a shot at the nyu and boston dont lose an opportunity.
maybe you will get in!!
think positive
yeah upenn told me that since the program is very competetive they could not accept me, but they wished me luck for the next time around.
my toefl score hasnt reached boston yet...
sent it in november...
sent the score again in december and still hasnt been recieved.....
im hopin and prayin that it reaches them bfore the last date...
what are your gpa? and toefl scores?
ksr

sent it in november...

ksr, just fyi, you can try faxing a copy of your TOEFL score sheet to the school. I know many schools accept that.... as long as the one from ETS arrives eventually. That way (fax that is) your application will reach the desks of the selection committee quicker.....

Hi KSR,
Thanks..Im feeling bad too for not being able to apply this year. But the reason being that I gave my Toefl few days back..And came to know that results are kinda delayed. So everything got delayed that way..But as suggested, you should immediately fax your toefl score that will start your processing atleast. I know ppl who are still getting calls from Boston for Feb 20 or so. rest, hope for the best..but please do update me if you get a call. Thanks and best of luck..

sent it in november...

ksr, just fyi, you can try faxing a copy of your TOEFL score sheet to the school. I know many schools accept that.... as long as the one from ETS arrives eventually. That way (fax that is) your application will reach the desks of the selection committee quicker.....

This works. Call the program director and explain your situation. They are usually receptive.

Thanx Amirarr and herodontist,
When i called up the Toefl guys, they told me to do that and i did that yesterday, however boston replied saying that my application is "tentatively complete"..
when i asked them if that would do me any good, they didnt answer back but thankfully i got a message yesterday afternoon saying that my score was recieved and my application is now complete...
i just have to hope and pray now that i recieve an interview call from them...
lots of luck to both of you too...
thanx
ksr

Thanx Amirarr and herodontist,
When i called up the Toefl guys, they told me to do that and i did that yesterday, however boston replied saying that my application is "tentatively complete"..
when i asked them if that would do me any good, they didnt answer back but thankfully i got a message yesterday afternoon saying that my score was recieved and my application is now complete...
i just have to hope and pray now that i recieve an interview call from them...
lots of luck to both of you too...
thanx
ksr

hi there..I have applied to BU n NYU both but stll waiting for my toefl...it will take another 2 weeks..i m afraid,wht if it wont reach b4 the deadline!! do u think they ll process my file?? my part 1 score-91, ece-3.53...

hi naz,
why dont you try what amirarr and herodontist suggested?
atleast, your application will be tentatively complete...
and speaking with them might get things going for you
lotsa luck
ksr

Hi KSR and naz,

All the very best, both of you will soon get the interview call and will do great. Take care..

hi i took my exam on 28th dec,still waiting for the result.u can apply to bu,nyu,umn and University of Colorado-their deadline is approx 31st jan.

hi i took my exam on 28th dec,still waiting for the result.u can apply to bu,nyu,umn and University of Colorado-their deadline is approx 31st jan.

Me too. i took it on 29 tho. tell me when you get yr results.:scared::scared:

hi ksr, thanx for the advice..i did call them n they said i can fax a copy of my toefl as soon as i recieve!!!

Me too. i took it on 29 tho. tell me when you get yr results.:scared::scared:

hey i took my exam on 27th of dec n i got my result on 6th of jan..i suggests u to call ADA!

Hi KSR and naz,

All the very best, both of you will soon get the interview call and will do great. Take care..

thanx itstooth! but cant do much without toefl result!!!!:mad: hopefully i ll get it by the end of this month coz i hv already sent other documents!!!

I too am having problem with toefl score report as my score became available online last thursday and they mailed out the score report this thursday and said that it will take 7-14 business days to reach the universities... i just hope it meets the deadline. Can i take a print out of my online result and fax a copy to NYU?

I too am having problem with toefl score report as my score became available online last thursday and they mailed out the score report this thursday and said that it will take 7-14 business days to reach the universities... i just hope it meets the deadline. Can i take a print out of my online result and fax a copy to NYU?

hi.. i would suggests u to fax it over asap..but anyways..they should get it by next week..it wont take long!!so just chill..dont worry!by the way whn did u take ur toefl test?coz i m still waiting for my result!