Where did you buy your stethoscope?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Geekchick921

Achievement Unlocked: MD
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of threads about which one to get. Not so many about where to get it.

I've decided on the Cardio III. Which website did you find have the best prices and service when you bought your stethoscope? I know allheart.com is pretty popular. If you used it, would you recommend it?

I know you can get them from school, but they stopped taking order earlier this week and I just (FINALLY) got my living expenses loans today. I'm going to miss out on some little extras they were including (like a CD of heart sounds) but the price doesn't look too different from what I've seen online.

Thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I got mine from Steeles.com. The shipping was fast and their prices seem pretty good. I got the Harvey Elite which doesn't come with a pediatric head and earpiece kit anymore, but Steeles included it with a "for student" option along with a heart sounds CD. Not sure if that's Welch-Allyn's deal or Steeles', but still pretty nice.

My experience with Steeles was good, and I've also heard that all-heart.com is a popular site.

Steeles.com, I got my Cards III literally the next day after ordering. The price was better than the "deals" our school vendors were offering and those would have taken 6 weeks for delivery and waiting in line for pick-up.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are plenty of threads about which one to get. Not so many about where to get it.

I've decided on the Cardio III. Which website did you find have the best prices and service when you bought your stethoscope? I know allheart.com is pretty popular. If you used it, would you recommend it?

I know you can get them from school, but they stopped taking order earlier this week and I just (FINALLY) got my living expenses loans today. I'm going to miss out on some little extras they were including (like a CD of heart sounds) but the price doesn't look too different from what I've seen online.

Thanks. :)

I like these guys alot. I worked as a medic in connecticut before medical school, and I could literally walk into their distribution center and pick up my scope (which they were cool with). I found them to be on the cheaper end (though not the cheapest), but repeat business with them shown me they are legit, good to work with, and have earned my loyalty. I used them when I bought my (aka, was given money by my parents as a graduation gift to purchase a) Cardio III before entering residency. Still legit.

http://www.mooremedical.com/

I got it through my school's bookstore since they had a sale for the Cardio III for $130; $150 if we also got a blood pressure cuff (which we need for our clinical skills class) and it came in two days later.

There's plenty of websites that sell for them for decent prices. I've seen bestbuymd.com mentioned around here, RadioCure above mentioned Steeles, you can even check out Amazon (but it might not be as cheap... but hey.. free two day shipping with amazon prime!). Just google around a bit and see what's best.

Steeles.com...Here's a tip, if you call them, they'll send you a personalized order form. If you get a group of people to buy (say 5), you'll get an additional discount.

I use allheart.com for most medical stuff I buy.

However, I did purchase my steth through the school's sale. I literally checked everywhere online and any way I could slice it, the vendors at the school were giving a better deal.

Medisave.net is a good place to buy one, you get free engraving and the prices are competitive with other websites.

Ooh, this might be the winner. They are a little more than Steeles and Allheart but with the free engraving it breaks about even. It also looks like they have a free shipping deal this weekend.

Thanks, guys. I think I'm going to order it this weekend. Just trying to decide between two colors. :oops:

I ordered one from medisave.net and it arrived yesterday. The engraving looks good and the price was the same as going through our school vendor.

Oops never mind.

Last edited:
I think I got mine from Amazon.

Do NOT order one from stethoscopes.com. They pretty much just took my money and didn't send me anything. I got an e-mail about 10 months later that said I could be part of a class-action suit against them... that's pretty much the last I've heard.

The aforementioned sites that actually give you something for your money are surely better choices.

I think I got mine from Amazon.

Do NOT order one from stethoscopes.com. They pretty much just took my money and didn't send me anything. I got an e-mail about 10 months later that said I could be part of a class-action suit against them... that's pretty much the last I've heard.

The aforementioned sites that actually give you something for your money are surely better choices.

Contact your bank or credit card company for a refund.

Members don't see this ad :)
I ended up going with Medisave. They had free standard shipping this weekend (on orders over $50, which this obviously was), and they engrave for free, and on top of that someone in my class told me a coupon code that got me 5% off my order. I think I got the best deal here. The coupon code is faceb11, if anyone wants to know, and I think it's good until the end of August.

Thank you all so much for the recommendations. :)

I matched into surgery. Don't need a stethoscope.

Always use nurse's or just pick up the cheap $10 stethoscope on IV pole.

Yale class of '71 donated them to us!

(let the hate war begin :)

I got mine from Steeles.com. The shipping was fast and their prices seem pretty good. I got the Harvey Elite which doesn't come with a pediatric head and earpiece kit anymore, but Steeles included it with a "for student" option along with a heart sounds CD. Not sure if that's Welch-Allyn's deal or Steeles', but still pretty nice.

I bought a WA Harvey Elite last year with the "Students" package. It's a pretty sweet deal.

I also bought mine from Steeles.com

They're good. I also recently bought a Welch Allyn Otoscope and a opthalmoscope (that how you spell it?) from them as well. Good site with really good prices.

You can actually call them if you have any questions. It must be a small company because someone always picks up hen I call and helps me get the best deals.

I bought a magical stethoscope from a tibetan man in an alleyway. It is supposed to be able to grant me three wishes, but the wishes are cursed.

I wished to be in medical school - we all know what the curse is for that.

Local medical supply. $15. Clearly not a Littman.

amazon.com, I am such a ***** for that place. :oops: