Where do you take COMLEX/USMLE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fancypantsdance

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it at a specific location for each school or is it like the MCAT, you just find the closest testing center that offers it and take it there?

I ask because I'm wondering if I will be able to go back to my home state the summer of my board exam and just study there and take the exam there?

Or do schools normally have board review during the summer?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Prometric testing centers. Depending on where you are going to take it, sign up well in advance because spots fill up rather quickly near medical schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup to Prometric. Get used to their site. You can probably google locations. Even if you go to medical school in one state you can schedule your exam in another. Like the other poster said, get signed up now because spots fill up fast and you don't want to be playing the swapping dates game.

You can take all the Steps in Hawaii if you want. (Well, except for a trip to Conshohocken.)

Reactions: 1 user
Yup to Prometric. Get used to their site. You can probably google locations. Even if you go to medical school in one state you can schedule your exam in another. Like the other poster said, get signed up now because spots fill up fast and you don't want to be playing the swapping dates game.

Wait, schedule now? I'm going into second year, so its going to be like 11 months until I take it, so are you saying I should sign up this early?

prometric sites, yes. Same org. that you take the MCAT from. They do all standardized testing it seems.
When I took the MCAT the Prometric center site had another testing company at the same site across the hall. One of the tests they administered was an exam golfers have to take in order to go pro.

Wait, schedule now? I'm going into second year, so its going to be like 11 months until I take it, so are you saying I should sign up this early?
5-6 months ahead of time. I think spots don't even open up until 6 months before test date plus you have to get your school's 'okay' before signing up.

Which step are you trying to take?