Where does AHLTA and Essentris live?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrMetal

To shred or not shred?
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
a patient asked me an interesting question today, he asked:

"If my outpatient and inpatient records exist solely in AHLTA and Essentris (respectively), where are these servers located, and what would happen in the event of their demise (say due to natural disasters, fires, etc)? Are my records backed up in any way?"

He might as well have asked me to recite the Chinese alphabet.

Anyone know the answer to this question?

Members don't see this ad.

AHLTA is in two places: Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX.

Members don't see this ad :)
a patient asked me an interesting question today, he asked:

"If my outpatient and inpatient records exist solely in AHLTA and Essentris (respectively), where are these servers located, and what would happen in the event of their demise (say due to natural disasters, fires, etc)? Are my records backed up in any way?"

He might as well have asked me to recite the Chinese alphabet.

Anyone know the answer to this question?
AHLTA lives in a pit of eternal fire and burning sulfur.

Essentris on a thumb drive in the IT department.

Tell your patient not to worry. I've witnessed the demise of AHLTA at least 7 times in the past hour, but it came back (it always does, unfortunately)

Exactly, built by Orcs. People ask me if I'll work as a GS civilian after I retire - I'm like are you kidding? I'm never touching AHLTA again.

If AHLTA was finally destroyed with the destruction of the master ring, at least we would finally be able to get rid of 1000 inane auto cites that precede every note; reminding us that at some time in the last decade they had had a URI.

I have a captain at my command that likes to bring this up regularly and argue with BUMED; AHLTA is not an electronic medical record. It does not meet the requirements necessary to be defined as such. AHLTA officially is a metrics program that calculates things like RVUs and is used in conjunction with your true medical record: a paper chart.

So to answer your question: whatever is done in AHLTA, if lost, really cannot be defined as their medical record. BUMED bean counters certainly would have a problem on their hands though.