Where else to apply to? (Texas resident)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bunionberry

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.86 cumulative GPA and 3.8 sGPA. 31Q on MCAT. Been involved with a chemistry research group since March (200+ hours so far) and have been helping another professor with a research project that visualizes hospitalization data. I'm a computer science student and haven't done a whole lot of clinical experience since high school, which I mentioned a lot in my personal statement. I've applied everywhere except TCOM in Texas and want some suggestions on where else to apply, or if I should even bother.

I seriously don't care where I end up in medical school (US only >.>). North Dakota, Alaska, the tip of Maine...it don't matta. Ideally, tuition would be as low as possible but I have yet to find a med school that's remotely near the tuition I'd be paying for in-state.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I have a 3.86 cumulative GPA and 3.8 sGPA. 31Q on MCAT. Been involved with a chemistry research group since March (200+ hours so far) and have been helping another professor with a research project that visualizes hospitalization data. I'm a computer science student and haven't done a whole lot of clinical experience since high school, which I mentioned a lot in my personal statement. I've applied everywhere except TCOM in Texas and want some suggestions on where else to apply, or if I should even bother.

I seriously don't care where I end up in medical school (US only >.>). North Dakota, Alaska, the tip of Maine...it don't matta. Ideally, tuition would be as low as possible but I have yet to find a med school that's remotely near the tuition I'd be paying for in-state.

Thanks!

You're golden in TX. If geography is not super important to you but low tuition is -- why would you even consider anywhere else? TX schools need to fill 90% of their class with Texas residents. Assuming you're not 'personality-deficient' (which would be just as problematic OOS as IS) you really should end up with a spot.

Yeah that's what I figured. Thanks for the advice!