Where in your study schedule did you start taking full lengths weekly?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

an aspiring doctor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I see that many people study three or five months prior to their MCAT. My question to you is when did you start studying and how many months before did you start taking full lengths weekly? I think I have mastered all the information that pertains to the MCAT in regards to the Biological and Physical Science Sections. However I have been disappointed by my scores which I do not believe reflect the effort I have been put into my studies. I have slightly more than two months left for my MCAT and I aiming for a five point increase in my score. Do you think this is something that is likely given the two month time frame? Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I personally started doing FLs 2 months into my 3 month schedule. I think a 5 point increase is feasible. Make sure you do a lot of practice with MCAT syle passages from now until your test date. Which practice tests have you taken?

I have done all the Kaplan full lengths except for 9 10 and 11. On Kaplan I was doing well on the Physical Science and Biological Science sections. However I took AAMC 3 and although I thought the passages and questions were easier than the Kaplan full lengths my score went down drastically in the Physical Science Section. Thank you for your responses! I want to take three MCAT exams a week but it takes me about two to three days to post phrase one exam.

Kaplan has a very forgiving scale. For example IIRC, you get 2 or 3 wrong in a section and still score a 15 in a Kaplan FL. OTOH, on the AAMC FLs one question wrong is one point off in the 13-15 range.