Where should I apply and what are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rpatel104

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How about a retake?
You have solid GPA with weaker DAT, I'm sure if you brought that up to 20-22, you'd be golden.

You should definitely apply to GHSU, since it's the state school.

How about a retake?
You have solid GPA with weaker DAT, I'm sure if you brought that up to 20-22, you'd be golden.

You should definitely apply to GHSU, since it's the state school.
I was hoping I wouldn't have to retake but it will probably come to that. My only concern is that if I retake its possible to get lower scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was hoping I wouldn't have to retake but it will probably come to that. My only concern is that if I retake its possible to get lower scores.

with such a high GPA I feel that you can get in somewhere. We can only advice you to retake but it is ultimately up to you. Only retake if you are 100% CONFIDENT you can get a higher score.

with such a high GPA I feel that you can get in somewhere. We can only advice you to retake but it is ultimately up to you. Only retake if you are 100% CONFIDENT you can get a higher score.
That is true. I just wanted to see which schools I would stand a chance at with my current scores and GPA.

Beta if you apply early and broadly and give your top choices a phone call you may be fine....many got In with that gpa/dat combo!

If you get accepted to dental school you should be a man do the right thing and just "take it and go!"

That is the plan. I don't really care where I get in because I am open to any school. I just want to know if I had a chance ANYWHERE with my scores.
If the dental school asks you why this one, are you going to say, "I just want to get into ANY SCHOOL"? You better have a good reason why you chose that school and be honest about it.

You definitely have a decent shot just take Periopocket's advise and apply early & to a lot of schools. All the best

Any suggestions on where to apply early to?

NYU definitely
and for the reason why you want to go there: "A TOP TIER university with lots of resource and patient to enchance my clinical abilities"

all schools like to hear that ;-)

Members don't see this ad :)
Pick up the ADEA book when it comes out or download the PDF file and go over it. It has tons of stats and info on each school. You'll have to go over and figure out which ones suit you and your stats

Pick up the ADEA book when it comes out or download the PDF file and go over it. It has tons of stats and info on each school. You'll have to go over and figure out which ones suit you and your stats
Okay thank you!

Does NYU tend to give interviews/acceptances to students with lower DAT scores?

Does NYU tend to give interviews/acceptances to students with lower DAT scores?

NYU DAT average is around 20 but their average gpa is around 3.2-3.3

Obey, where do you plan on applying?

I am instate for UMDNJ so it would be nice if I can get in there. But I will be applying to mostly east coast schools with a few in california and florida.

OP I think you are good to go. I know a guy who applied in sept with a 3.5 sci and 3.6 overall with 18 AA and 16 pat and got into western and USC. Apply early and get some basic volunteering in and call it a day. Remember people on this site are mostly machines and really care about getting in. They will tell you what scores you need to almost insure an acceptance, not the scores that will give you a chance!

Yeah he was. He went to cal poly SLO. Everyone told him he wouldn't get in and BAM 2 acceptances

If you get accepted to dental school you should be a man do the right thing and just "take it and go!"

Haha! Love the Russell Peter's reference! To the OP: your GPA is solid and your DATs are average. It should warrant you some interviews and possibly acceptances! You're young as well, so you have a lot of time on your hands. If it just so happens that you need to retake the DATs, I am positive that you will pour your heart into it and score better. Good luck!

Just finished the DAT two hours ago and now I am wondering if I have a chance using these scores to get into Dental school. ( Preferred school is GHSU )

My DAT scores are:
PAT 19
QR 18
RC 22
GC 21
0C 25
Bio 20

TS 22
AA 21
GPA 4.0
sGPA 4.0

I am currently a Junior in Bio-Chemistry and want to start the application process in June of this year. Would any of you suggest to retake the DAT due to my lower scores in PAT and QR. Please let me know!!! THANKS :)

Just finished the DAT two hours ago and now I am wondering if I have a chance using these scores to get into Dental school. ( Preferred school is GHSU )

My DAT scores are:
PAT 19
QR 18
RC 22
GC 21
0C 25
Bio 20

TS 22
AA 21
GPA 4.0
sGPA 4.0

I am currently a Junior in Bio-Chemistry and want to start the application process in June of this year. Would any of you suggest to retake the DAT due to my lower scores in PAT and QR. Please let me know!!! THANKS :)

One post is good enough.

I am looking to apply to start applying places this summer.
I have a 3.8 GPA, 3.6 Science GPA, and my DAT scores are: 18 AA, 18 TS (18 Bio, 18 Gen Chem, 18 Orgo), 22 PAT:), 19 RC, 19 QR.
Which schools should I apply to? (I reside in Georgia) My DAT scores aren't great which is I am not sure on where to apply.

i had the same DAT as you with a lower gpa and i retook but ONLY because my gpa was low. if i was in your shoes i wouldn't have put myself through the horrors of re-taking. good luck! beta...lolol

Retaking the DAT is very risky man. With your GPA it is NOT worth the risk