Where should I intern? Im a p1.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yaksa

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be a P1 this coming fall in Philly.

Do you guys have any suggestion where I should start working as an intern?

I am currently contacting CVS for an internship, but Im kinda afraid that I might have to work with CVS for rest of my career.

If I start my internship with CVS, I guess I cannot get another internship with competing chains (walmart, target, rite aid etc.) right?

Do you suggest having a hospital internship first?

Members don't see this ad.

You have to ask yourself what you would like to do Hospital or Retail? If you want to see what hospital is like I would try that first because usually after you intern at Retail they expect you to come back.

Reactions: 1 user
Like above poster: if you want to try hospital do it first - may be more difficult to get a position than a retail counterpart. And potentially will pay more/help with tuition depending on the institution (this is not the case with every institution of course). Though, I believe Target used to help with tuition as well... I don't know if they still do (confirmation?)

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply to both. They won't materialize at the same time. And when you have the opportunities to work both, take them both on. Eg, alternating weekends at each place. 2 internships also allow you to make more money during breaks, look great on resume, and experience for any career path you end up choosing.

Reactions: 1 users
Target does not reimburse for pharmacy students tuition anymore. Try applying to hospitals and independent pharmacies if you have no luck with chains. You just need to gain some experience.

Apply to both. They won't materialize at the same time. And when you have the opportunities to work both, take them both on. Eg, alternating weekends at each place. 2 internships also allow you to make more money during breaks, look great on resume, and experience for any career path you end up choosing.
I think that is the best way! Thank you

Thank you all for the advice!