Where to buy 2009 ADA online practice DAT exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PearlyTooth

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I keep going through the link on the ADA website, which takes me to the prometric website. From there, I have the option of scheduling an exam, rescheduling, canceling, etc, but I can't find where I would purchase the online practice test? Anybody have any idea? Your help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
https://www.prometric.com/en-us/clients/ADA/Pages/landing.aspx

Under the 4 bullet points you see on this page is this sentence: "Take the Practice Dental Admission Test (DAT). Click here to register."

Click that and register, then pay and take the test. You can't stop the test in between. Once you start it you have to complete it through. And if you don't start it within 1hr of purchasing it, you will get refunded and need to pay all over again.

Reactions: 1 user
https://www.prometric.com/en-us/clients/ADA/Pages/landing.aspx

Under the 4 bullet points you see on this page is this sentence: "Take the Practice Dental Admission Test (DAT). Click here to register."

Click that and register, then pay and take the test. You can't stop the test in between. Once you start it you have to complete it through. And if you don't start it within 1hr of purchasing it, you will get refunded and need to pay all over again.
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!!!!

Careful with the online though. Some who have taken it have said that they were unable to see their answers or the questions after they took the test.

is it confirmed that the online/electronic (via prometric) version is the 09 version? I have access to the pdf 07 one, and want to make sure im not paying $100 for the same thing.

I remember someone in my class called but reception only said "it has been the same one for a while".
Hmm, a receptionist is probably not the most reliable source, nothing against a receptionist but I would like a better source. I will make an inquiry and see if I can get an answer from the source.

is it confirmed that the online/electronic (via prometric) version is the 09 version? I have access to the pdf 07 one, and want to make sure im not paying $100 for the same thing.
The online practice test prometric/ada put out is not the 2009 test but they do share questions. I paid $100 and took the online test then found the 2009 and 2007 ones elsewhere online (ADA doesn’t release these anymore, not even in print) and some of the questions on the prometric one appear on the 2009 and 2007 ones and some are completely different. Also, the prometric one you pay $100 for isn’t even the entire exam! It’s only about 1/3 of the PAT section and one passage for CR. Also there’s no answer sheet at the end, the only way you can see the answer is if you reveal answer after each question but then you wouldn’t be able to realistically time yourself. My recommendation the new $100 prometric online practice test isn’t worth it for the money.

Reactions: 1 user