Where to find elbow length nitrile gloves?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SPL Tech2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am asking this question here, because I cannot seem to find the answer anywhere and I figure a surgeon or ER MD may know the answer. I am looking for some elbow length (18" or so) thin (3-7 mil) nirtile disposable gloves. They do not need to be sterile, they just need to be long. The closest thing I can find is this: http://www.mohawkmedicalmall.com/products/Kimberly-Clark-Purple-Nitrile-Xtra-Gloves.php

However, those are only 12" long and I need something longer. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

supplies for cattle/horse insemination? I.E. vet gloves. Interesting moonlighting you are doing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am asking this question here, because I cannot seem to find the answer anywhere and I figure a surgeon or ER MD may know the answer. I am looking for some elbow length (18" or so) thin (3-7 mil) nirtile disposable gloves. They do not need to be sterile, they just need to be long. The closest thing I can find is this: http://www.mohawkmedicalmall.com/products/Kimberly-Clark-Purple-Nitrile-Xtra-Gloves.php

However, those are only 12" long and I need something longer. Any suggestions?

Your local L&D floor.

Those are 22mil and designed for cleaning, I need something under 8mil as I require hand sensitivity.

lol, I don't mean to laugh but I can't help it (I have the mind of a 12 year old). I'll bite, what are you using these for that requires elbow length and tactile sensitivity?

Why in the world do you need seething that long? You being a wus?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using SDN Mobile

lol, I don't mean to laugh but I can't help it (I have the mind of a 12 year old). I'll bite, what are you using these for that requires elbow length and tactile sensitivity?
Well, I can think of one very common application, sugary. In sugary, the surgeons often wears elbow length gloves to ensure contaminants to not find their way behind the glove and around the dawning dress. However, surgeons often use latex gloves instead of nitrile because latex gloves offer better sensitivity.

What I am looking for is not esoteric or unheard of. All I want are standard everyday nitrile gloves that every hospital in America has. I just want them in a longer version. Manufacturers normally make them in 9.5" and 12" versions. I am looking for something that is slightly longer.

dexter.jpg

Was this the first thought that came to anyone else reading this? Or is it just me. . .

Well, I can think of one very common application, sugary. In sugary, the surgeons often wears elbow length gloves to ensure contaminants to not find their way behind the glove and around the dawning dress. However, surgeons often use latex gloves instead of nitrile because latex gloves offer better sensitivity.

Wait... sugary?
Do you mean surgery?

I must have spent a good minute trying to figure out what sugary was in that context... I was imagining some esoteric surgical procedure... then I was thinking about how sometimes you can use sugar on rectal prolapses... then I started singing the Def Leppard song (pour some sugar on me). Finally it came to me. Maybe it was just a misspelling... a funny funny misspelling.

Wait... sugary?
Do you mean surgery?

I must have spent a good minute trying to figure out what sugary was in that context... I was imagining some esoteric surgical procedure... then I was thinking about how sometimes you can use sugar on rectal prolapses... then I started singing the Def Leppard song (pour some sugar on me). Finally it came to me. Maybe it was just a misspelling... a funny funny misspelling.
Oh, no, I meant it exactly as I wrote it. Sugary is a type of surgery in which the patient consumes too much sugar and the surgeon has to remove the excess sugar through deep anal probing; hints the need for extra long gloves. I just happen to be a resident premed sugary surgeon apprentice, but my cheap ass employer will not provide me with the gloves I need, so I turned to studentdoctor.net to tap into the knowledge ocean.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, no, I meant it exactly as I wrote it. Sugary is a type of surgery in which the patient consumes too much sugar and the surgeon has to remove the excess sugar through deep anal probing; hints the need for extra long gloves. I just happen to be a resident premed sugary surgeon apprentice, but my cheap ass employer will not provide me with the gloves I need, so I turned to studentdoctor.net to tap into the knowledge ocean.

Wouldn't it just be easier to use a vacuum and a trained type-2 diabetic snake on a leash?

I know a few stores in San Francisco that may carry them. Lets call them uhhhhh "specialty stores" :laugh:

pancake-bunny.jpg

Wouldn't it just be easier to use a vacuum and a trained type-2 diabetic snake on a leash?
No, type-2 diabetic snakes do not like to be confined to leashes, it pisses them off. Chances are they would just eat through your ass, into your stomach, and through your mouth. Thus, I suggest a qualified premed resident sugary surgeon apprentices such as myself. I can handle any sugary problem, big or small, but first I need someone to tell me where I can find some damn gloves! Dont you medical type people use gloves?!

Last edited:
I'm looking for long (above the elbow) exam gloves, no need for sterile, because I'm working at a charity haunted house where this would be part of the costume for a couple of people. One of our attractions is set as a genetics facility, and the gloves would be great for setting the scene, and it means we don't have to do makeup for the covered portion of the arm.

I'm poking around on Google, but any help would be appreciated. I've found one set of long gloves for dealing with chemicals, but it doesn't look medical enough.

If you are curious as to the charity haunted house, let me know, I'll be glad to share the URL so you can check it all out.

Thank you all. This thread makes me happy. Especially the rabbit with the flapjack.

If you are not adventurous enough, to be doing what you are doing with these gloves while ungloved, you shouldn't be doing IT, at all.

Go commando.

:)

I am a nurse. I happened here, after studying for my wound care certification class. It seems care of the obese patient requires elbow length gloves. I decided to google to see who has these and I was just generally curious. You docs are as silly as us nurses. I will let you know if I can find this. Never heard of surgary and I have been around. Yes, you would think L&D would have them.

When doctors need something, who do they ask? Nurses. You should have posted there in the first place
here it is, the perfect one
http://www.dreveterinary.com/veteri...oves/shoulder-length-elbow-gloves/option-9426
Shoulder length
http://www.qcsupply.com/140629-vet-...m_medium=cpc&gclid=CJu18PHRmroCFc-e4AodiCAAMQ
restaurant style for tossing salad :)
http://www.webstaurantstore.com/elb...medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping.com+Campaign

These may not be what you want, but they are nitrile
http://www.webstaurantstore.com/che...t-scrubber-nitrile-gloves-1-pair/16719NU.html

Haven't seen surgical gloves that are elbow length. Around here, if we really need to get in there (hand port on a deep lap case) we usually single glove, wrap the distal arm with ioban, and then glove over it. Not perfect, but it works.

I know this thread is old, but if you're still looking, try www.meadowsmedical.com.

Here is the discription: Surgical Gloves, Elbow Length, Sterile Size 6.5 - Box of 25 Pairs $89.50

I just placed an order and they are very prompt.

anatomicalman9 said:
I know this thread is old, but if you're still looking, try www.meadowsmedical.com.

Here is the discription: Surgical Gloves, Elbow Length, Sterile Size 6.5 - Box of 25 Pairs $89.50

I just placed an order and they are very prompt.

Umm...

What were you searching for on SDN/Google that brought you to this years-dead thread?

If you are running the same search in the future, just make sure you have the safe-search feature on. Otherwise the images will haunt your dreams.

Reactions: 1 user
Probably wouldn't do it on a work computer....

Umm...

What were you searching for on SDN/Google that brought you to this years-dead thread?

If you are running the same search in the future, just make sure you have the safe-search feature on. Otherwise the images will haunt your dreams.[/QU