Where to host images for free?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

73BARMYPgsp

Post Doc
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Even though I have been married since August, we had our "big" reception yesterday I wanted to share some pictures on here of the bachelor party (sporting clays shooting) and some of the wedding pictures. Any idea how to do that? It seems like you have to pay for image shack nowadays, and I don't know of any others.

Members don't see this ad.

photobucket!

I'm a huge fan of Flickr. You can upload for free, but there's a limit per month. You can get the "pro" account for a whopping $24/year and that gets rid of any file upload limits. It's fabulous.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just put them on my web server. :D Image Shack is where I'd look otherwise. You could use Photo.net too. Some people use the Kodak Gallery, but I don't really like it (as it asks the people if they want to buy prints of your pics, etc).

I just put them on my web server. :D Image Shack is where I'd look otherwise. You could use Photo.net too. Some people use the Kodak Gallery, but I don't really like it (as it asks the people if they want to buy prints of your pics, etc).

Go over to my thread labelled "Test." They are there now. It would be cool to rename that thread, but I can't/it won't let me.

Try Picassa. It's Google's service, and it's free. They have a program you can download for free to organize your pictures (and I like it as much as the fancy one I got with my new Mac). Then, it's really easy to upload them onto the Picassa website or order prints (or you could skip the program and upload them directly). You and your friends will have the choice of buy prints from a number of different venders (they don't directly sell prints, so you're not stuck with any one option), or your friends can just download the prints directly from the website, which most sites don't allow. You get a decent amount of storage space. I think it's probably the best free options.

Your pics look great, btw! Congratulations! :love: