Where/what is the best resource that I can use to learn about the industry of podiatry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

mitrieD

Podiatry is a career I am pursuing and I'm wondering if there's any good online resources that explain current trends in the field both medically and financially. I'd like to have something to talk about with doctors I'm shadowing and interviews. I'm also genuinely interested.

Members don't see this ad.

Following because I'd like to know too, lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Podiatry is a career I am pursuing and I'm wondering if there's any good online resources that explain current trends in the field both medically and financially. I'd like to have something to talk about with doctors I'm shadowing and interviews. I'm also genuinely interested.
Go through the links on this thread:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/one-stop-shop-for-podiatry-information.968522/

That is plenty of information to get a good perspective on the profession.

Reactions: 1 user
Unless the membership has changed podiatry arena seemed to be far heavier international than American in the past. I didn't think it was useful when I looked for information. Good luck though.

Reactions: 1 user
If your undergraduate institution has a good subscription service, you can peruse some journals of particular relevance to the foot and ankle, such as JFAS, FAI, and JBJS. Finances are more difficult to follow, and less likely to be useful, since healthcare is in such a period of flux right now with regard to reimbursements, plans, etc. I would just talk with the doctors about their practices and ask (tactful) questions about how they keep their business running (hopefully successfully). I'd spend time reading more about personal finance than practice finance at this point, since you have so long to go.

If your undergraduate institution has a good subscription service, you can peruse some journals of particular relevance to the foot and ankle, such as JFAS, FAI, and JBJS. Finances are more difficult to follow, and less likely to be useful, since healthcare is in such a period of flux right now with regard to reimbursements, plans, etc. I would just talk with the doctors about their practices and ask (tactful) questions about how they keep their business running (hopefully successfully). I'd spend time reading more about personal finance than practice finance at this point, since you have so long to go.

Did you find that in the interviews that they would ask questions regarding these trends?