Which AAMC's should i do right before the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ari1584

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i'm taking the test on sept 12, and have already taken 5 kaplan FL's with scores of 26, 27, 29, 26, 29 and 23 (boo :( for that one), and i just recently started taking AAMC's. I started out with #6 and then #7 because i tried doing some of #3-5 last year to see if i could get through a section. So far i received a 29 and then a 27. I wasn't sure if i should take AAMC 9 and 10 right BEFORE my MCAt to see where i'm really at....or do those now and save easier AAMC's such as #3 for a boost of confidence right before. What did you all do?

Also...what can i do to get out of this upper 20's range????? Man...i have consistently scored an 8 on pretty much every verbal...and i just dont know how else i can improve on it. Whenever i review the exam afterwards i think, wow that was easy, i get the answer blah blah blah...but then during the test, i usually end up picking something else. I just want to get a freaking 30!!!!!!!!!! okay. sorry...done with the rant.

Members don't see this ad.

AAMC 9 or 7. Personally I thought AAMC 9 was the easiest since it gave me my highest score.

AAMC 9 or 7. Personally I thought AAMC 9 was the easiest since it gave me my highest score.

Agree. I would save aamc 9 for last if you want a 'confidence booster /'feel good' practice test score prior to actual exam. Not saying it will correlate to your score on the real deal but it's a nice way to end to your Mcat studying.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree. I would save aamc 9 for last if you want a 'confidence booster /'feel good' practice test score prior to actual exam. Not saying it will correlate to your score on the real deal but it's a nice way to end to your Mcat studying.

From other posts i was recently reading...wasn't AAMC 9 hard?? Or at least some said the verbal was pretty hard...?

From other posts i was recently reading...wasn't AAMC 9 hard?? Or at least some said the verbal was pretty hard...?

I actually didn't think verbal on aamc 9 was 'easy' but somehow it was the test I scored highest on and some others on SDN reported scoring highest on that exam as well..

The Verbal on aamc 8 killed me though (6 :eek:) and I actually thought that Verbal on aamc 8 was easier than aamc 9 Verbal. Guess not. But Verbal is my nemesis and the section I consistently score the lowest on.

Last edited:
The Verbal on aamc 8 killed me though (6 ) and I actually thought that Verbal on aamc 8 was easier than aamc 9 Verbal. Guess not. But Verbal is my nemesis and the section I consistently score the lowest on.

Considering it is a scaled test it makes no sense, but it seems that verbal is everyone's worst section. At least here on SDN. I mean, just look at the marks reported in the 6/13 thread. On a rough estimation I'd guess the average of reporters was 11-9-11.