Which Chapters of TBR are Biochem oriented for Passages

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DanniD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
as the title says, those who gone through it already, which chapters of TBR biology contain passages that are more biochem based?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

would it be possible to do all 5 chapters passages in 4 days?

Yes, but whether or not you actually learn something from doing 500+ questions in 4 days is up for debate. They label each one with the general topic it covers so you can pick or choose which would be most relevant to your needs.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, but whether or not you actually learn something from doing 500+ questions in 4 days is up for debate. They label each one with the general topic it covers so you can pick or choose which would be most relevant to your needs.
you did the new mcat, so did you find TBR bio helpful at all?

you did the new mcat, so did you find TBR bio helpful at all?

Yes, absolutely. Most of my practice passages were TBR's. But I made the mistake of feeling inclined to do "EVERY SINGLE PRACTICE PASSAGE OMG" in the books which resulted in me falling mega behind in content review.

Yes, absolutely. Most of my practice passages were TBR's. But I made the mistake of feeling inclined to do "EVERY SINGLE PRACTICE PASSAGE OMG" in the books which resulted in me falling mega behind in content review.
haha well atleast it payed off at the end! the 6th chapter is about microbes and viruses, will that also be emphasized as biochem portion, because everyone says the second book is all biochem based, so Im confused

I personally gave MCAT TBR a try for bio on the old test and felt it was wayy too difficult. I do agree with mcatjelly it could lead to you falling behind in content. I personally thought the microbes/viruses had extremely convoluted passages. Didn't feel representative of the MCAT IMO.

I personally gave MCAT TBR a try for bio on the old test and felt it was wayy too difficult. I do agree with mcatjelly it could lead to you falling behind in content. I personally thought the microbes/viruses had extremely convoluted passages. Didn't feel representative of the MCAT IMO.
true, I'm just going to do most Khan BS passages, then spend 4-5 days MAX on TBR and hope for the best