Which colleges would be the best for me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zanderbolt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, who is reading this. Thanks for your time!
I am just really confused and I'm not sure what to do... I'm currently a senior in an IB High School. I am striving for the IB diploma and my GPA is 4.1 (I'm pretty sure it will increase after I finish senior year because of the IB classes I'm taking). I'm a dilligent student, however my SAT score isn't so good. I got a 1500 and am taking an SAT course to study (I am definitely improving) and will take it again soon. My ultimate goal is John Hopkins, but I'm doubting that they'll accept me.
I know some colleges don't only look at school work, but also look at your extra curriculars, which I have plenty of. I do a lot of community service and am in a handful of clubs and honor societies.

I really want to be a doctor (dermatologist if I can), I am severely passionate about this dream...
What colleges do you think I should start paying attention to?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Worry about getting into college and then med school first. Then you can worry about specialty selection.

Hi everyone, who is reading this. Thanks for your time!
I am just really confused and I'm not sure what to do... I'm currently a senior in an IB High School. I am striving for the IB diploma and my GPA is 4.1 (I'm pretty sure it will increase after I finish senior year because of the IB classes I'm taking). I'm a dilligent student, however my SAT score isn't so good. I got a 1500 and am taking an SAT course to study (I am definitely improving) and will take it again soon. My ultimate goal is John Hopkins, but I'm doubting that they'll accept me.
I know some colleges don't only look at school work, but also look at your extra curriculars, which I have plenty of. I do a lot of community service and am in a handful of clubs and honor societies.

I really want to be a doctor (dermatologist if I can), I am severely passionate about this dream...
What colleges do you think I should start paying attention to?
Thanks!

Agree with above, your post belongs in the high school or premed forums. Best of luck along the way. Locking.

Status
Not open for further replies.