Which DO schools take 90% instate and which don't?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EdSun2003

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm applying for all the DO schools soon and i was just wondering which one's accept 90% instate and which one's accept evenly or based upon scores and stuff and not upon which state you live in.

For one i know Texas is primarily instate but im not sure which other one's are. Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

I think that MSUCOM and OSUCOM also take mostly in-staters. There is a thread around here somewhere that has a chart with that information, the same one that has the number of interviewees accepted...

Anywhere that is a state school is going to have a higher instate bias. There is a chart around here somewhere (use the search function: 'out of state') ...

Members don't see this ad :)
Tcom, umdnj, oucom, osucom, wvucom, and I know that pikeville gives preference to that region. There are probably a few others.

UNECOM "favors," New England area students. I don't know exactly how heavy they weigh state residency, though.

PNWU is pretty overt in it's website...likely only from the Pacific Northwest

most state schools take up to 20% out of state including TCOM, UMDNJ, MSU-COM, OSU-COM, OU-COM.

Schools USUALLY have a preference for applicants that are in their state such as UMDNJ (which is skewed because EVERYONE can qualify as in-state its so pathetically easy), PCOM, VCOM, NYCOM are the ones that I know that do it heavily from personal experiences talking with friends. I'm sure others do it as well but those seem to really look at regional applicants from in-state than out of state of other schools.

So honestly, check the aacomas state book and go from there is the best advice. Most state schools, unless you're a strong applicant, are harder to get into.

Applying is a crap shoot in all honesty (to some extent). So many variables to getting into a school, with NO guarantees. Best of luck.

Each class at TCOM has to be made up of at least 90% Texas residents, so maximum 10% for OOSers.

okay thanks!

i think i'll still try for most of the schools since you never know if something good will happen. I believe my scores are pretty average but im not sure yet. Can anyone refer me to the gpa calculator post that was around for DO schools? I did a search on it but for some odd reason i can't find it anymore.

Thanks though for the responses everyone

okay thanks!

i think i'll still try for most of the schools since you never know if something good will happen. I believe my scores are pretty average but im not sure yet. Can anyone refer me to the gpa calculator post that was around for DO schools? I did a search on it but for some odd reason i can't find it anymore.

Thanks though for the responses everyone
The gpa calc if I remember correctly was grossly outdated.

SDN has a link of all the schools with information from last year from school websites (meaning they are 2 years old). Probably should be updated after this year because all the numbers have increased.