which do you prefer for interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

taken2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, this one is for all the fashionable ladies on this board. Do you prefer skirt suit to pant suit for interview and why.
I am torn in between the two and I have an interview on Wednesday.
and yes! I already have the suits , I just need to decide which is more appropriate. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Pants suit, you don't have to worry about anything happening to your pantyhose. I always get a run or a snag in mine and I would rather not worry about it. Most girls at my interviews were also in pant suits.

Skirt suits are generally thought to be more formal, but either is perfectly acceptable for an interview. I wore a pant suit just because I felt more comfortable in it and it was easier (no pantyhose to worry about!). Plus, it was in the middle of winter, and pants just seemed like the better alternative :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I had the same question as I was preparing for interviews, and no one really had a definitive answer for me. I ended up wearing a black wool suit dress so that I didn't have to worry about choosing a shirt. When making my decision, friends already in health professional programs suggested I consider the formality of the school and the femininity of a skirt (pros and cons), but in the end, my comfort level was the most important factor affecting my decision.

My advice is to wear what makes you feel the most confident. At my interviews, it seemed that most ladies wore pant suits but several also wore skirts. I felt like the suit looked more professional but that is just my opinion and I hate wearing skirts so there ya go!
Try on both and walk around.... which one makes you feel like you rock? Wear it! :)
Have fun!

I'm a skirt person, but I wore a pantsuit because it was winter time and it was FREEZING.

fidelio said:
I'm a skirt person, but I wore a pantsuit because it was winter time and it was FREEZING.

Haha, exactly. If you are interviewing some place where the weather is nice then I think it is fine to wear a skirt. Plus, you might not be as hot and uncomfortable. All of my interviews were during the winter months and there was no way I was going to freeze in a skirt! I agree with everyone else: comfort is key!

taken2 said:
Hey, this one is for all the fashionable ladies on this board. Do you prefer skirt suit to pant suit for interview and why.
I am torn in between the two and I have an interview on Wednesday.
and yes! I already have the suits , I just need to decide which is more appropriate. :)

I totally agree with the earlier posters - if you are going with the skirt suit, be sure you have a spare new pair of pantyhose. I am probably the only person on this board whose 6 year old daughter had to paint the top of my only remaining pair of pantyhose with fingernail polish the morning of the interview so the run wouldn't go all the way down my leg :laugh: :laugh:

rxlynn said:
I totally agree with the earlier posters - if you are going with the skirt suit, be sure you have a spare new pair of pantyhose. I am probably the only person on this board whose 6 year old daughter had to paint the top of my only remaining pair of pantyhose with fingernail polish the morning of the interview so the run wouldn't go all the way down my leg :laugh: :laugh:
:laugh:

I'd go with the pants, but then I'm more comfortable wearing pants compared to a skirt.

I wore a black skirt to mine...but it just happened to be double-layered and the lower layer kept sticking to my legs and butt and it was really uncomfortable!