Which feels worse and/or is harder to move on from?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which feels worse and/or is harder to move on from?

• Total voters
I would go with full MD rejection. It feels like a rejection of your own character, of you, as a person; while your ego can brush off the other one as incompatibility.

You don't want to be incompatible with your future.
Really depends. I'd argue a good multi-year relationship ending feels more like a rejection of your character than some faceless adcoms you have never seen judging you based on a bunch of bullet points and a few thousand characters in an essay. You'll find that many relationships don't end because of a true lack of compatibility but rather because of a grass is greener mentality that often ends in regret on the part of the person hopping the fence.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
If you feel like you need to play a elaborate game and exploit "loops in programming" not only does that show how little you think of women (as if being able to master the illusion of hegemonic masculinity is the ultimate way to "get" a girl to sleep with you :rolleyes:) but also how little you think of yourself. If you as a person don't think you are worthy enough as is for love, affection, and intimacy, I suggest getting off of reddit and into a therapists office.

But that's none of my business tho
1408544022616.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
I've been with my girl since high school. I did get into medical school, and proposed halfway through second year. Even if I hadn't been accepted to medical school I would still be happy because I know I still have her and I can always reapply. Even if I could never get into medical school I would still have my family.

It's the sort of thing that I think many people won't understand until they actually have that kind of bond. I love medicine, but if I had to choose, I'd take my family over my job. At the end of the day, a job is just a job.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you feel like you need to play a elaborate game and exploit "loops in programming" not only does that show how little you think of women (as if being able to master the illusion of hegemonic masculinity is the ultimate way to "get" a girl to sleep with you :rolleyes:) but also how little you think of yourself. If you as a person don't think you are worthy enough as is for love, affection, and intimacy, I suggest getting off of reddit and into a therapists office.

But that's none of my business tho
View attachment 184735

And how do I know that 'love, affection, and intimacy' showed by a woman is really genuine? From personal experience, it was extremely lucky coincidences that led me to find out that my second ex was cheating on me. It was unbelievable how deceptively she masked it and how easily she tricked me into believing that our relationship was not tainted. I'm not saying that all women are like this but lets stop bashing men and placing women on a pedestal. I'm happy with my life as it is so there's no need to go to a therapist's office. Thanks for suggesting that as it seems like you really know me personally :rolleyes:

How do you know if anyone's love, affection, and intimacy is genuine? You can't. That's part of love and life and relationships, you risk getting hurt. You are vulnerable.

So a girl cheated on you a broke your heart? Join the club. That doesn't give you an excuse to treat women like objects or there for conquest.

No one here is wanting to bash men and put women on pedestals. We just want to be treated equally

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
How do you know if anyone's love, affection, and intimacy is genuine? You can't. That's part of love and life and relationships, you risk getting hurt. You are vulnerable.

So a girl cheated on you a broke your heart? Join the club. That doesn't give you an excuse to treat women like objects or there for conquest.

No one here is wanting to bash men and put women on pedestals. We just want to be treated equally
Nah, I just want guys to not hit on me - it's a total buzzkill.
Like "oh hey, we were talking and having a good time! Wait, nope, you just want to sleep with me, this entire conversation is probably bullcrap and even if it isn't, you'll be out of here like a jet as soon as it's clear that sex is off the table anyway."

Reactions: 3 users
Nah, I just want guys to not hit on me - it's a total buzzkill.
Like "oh hey, we were talking and having a good time! Wait, nope, you just want to sleep with me, this entire conversation is probably bullcrap and even if it isn't, you'll be out of here like a jet as soon as it's clear that sex is off the table anyway."
Yuppppp that would be great.

I still get that even though I'm taken. But obviously I'm just a friendzoning bitch

What are you basing this off of? I have experienced 3 relationships and I will still be more devastated over not being able to start my career earlier than a relationship which can be sought at any time.

Yeah three average relationships by the looks of it. One ex even cheated on you? Yep, that's not the kind of relationship we're comparing here stud.

I agree with a lot of what you said, but I don't think you fully understand what we're talking about because... you (probably) haven't experienced it. Hell, I haven't experienced it to the degree some of the people on here have (i.e. getting married / been married) but I've experienced enough to understand that it is much worse losing someone like that than not getting into medical school one season.

Yeah, sure you may think you understand what this feels like but I bet if and when you ever do you'll change your mind. Not getting into medical school your first try really isn't that big of deal (although I'm sure you think it is in your stage of life).

This is understandably a sensitive topic, but that does not excuse anyone from the forum-wide expectation of professional, tasteful posting. This is just a warning to stay away from personal attacks and keep things tasteful.

Reactions: 1 user
Someone, please, shut this thread down.

Reactions: 1 user
Everyone needs to calm down lol. I started this thread to (quote) lighten up the mood (end quote), not create arguments.
Just looking to see how the SDN community feels about this question, and I'm actually surprised the results are not really 50-50

Quiet, @NP545 . You are bad and you should feel bad.
This is understandably a sensitive topic, but that does not excuse anyone from the forum-wide expectation of professional, tasteful posting. This is just a warning to stay away from personal attacks and keep things tasteful.
So's your face. :p

In all seriousness, though, this thread really took a dark, weird turn. Where'd women's rights and hooking up come from? So left field.