Which FL's to do on top of AAMC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nabilesmail

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm starting to approach practice test time. I'm on SN2ed 4 month schedule but I started 1.3 months in advance.

I should have about 2 months full of practice test time, and 1 of those months I will have no other commitment (except volunteering), I'm in school right now. I should be able to finish all the AAMC in 1 month. Which tests and how many seems a reasonable amount for the other month?

I was thinking about TBR, which are the best ones to do? I'm also under the impression that AAMC is releasing a new set of passages (about 3 tests worth) in late spring. I'd like to include these in but they said they were going to be released late spring. I'm taking the MCAT May 31st. Should I plan these in as well?

I want to get as much practice as possible.

Members don't see this ad.

My test date is may 24th so I'm also very curious as to when late spring exactly Is lol. I would assume it to be march or April as may June seems kinda like summer to me..

TBR tests are pretty good. I would mix in TBR with AAMC so you still have the AAMC format to work off of by the time you get to your test day.

TBR is a bit more rigorous in terms of content/questions, so don't be discouraged if you find them more difficult. In comparison, AAMC is much more straightforward,

Thanks, I definitely know I wanna do TBR, but I don't think I'll be able to finish them all. So which ones should I do, I think I can do 4-5 FL's on top of AAMC.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah add the TBR tests to your schedule. You only can order them in bundles, not individuals. You either buy 1-3, 1-5, or 1-7. So you said you have about 4-5 FLs, so I would get the 1-5 bundle. Make sure to read the directions from their website on activation of exams. You can pick the date when you want them to allow you to use them. From that date you chose, you get 45 days of usage. Also if you have never ordered from TBR before, it is only through snail mail, so make sure to factor the delay of them receiving your request.

Hey guys, I'm starting to approach practice test time. I'm on SN2ed 4 month schedule but I started 1.3 months in advance.

I should have about 2 months full of practice test time, and 1 of those months I will have no other commitment (except volunteering), I'm in school right now. I should be able to finish all the AAMC in 1 month. Which tests and how many seems a reasonable amount for the other month?

I was thinking about TBR, which are the best ones to do? I'm also under the impression that AAMC is releasing a new set of passages (about 3 tests worth) in late spring. I'd like to include these in but they said they were going to be released late spring. I'm taking the MCAT May 31st. Should I plan these in as well?

I want to get as much practice as possible.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I went in to look at the AAMC 3 new tests yesterday.
It looks like they are not a full test as those we know.

It is a 3 separate packages of test from material mixed from AAMC 2,3 & 6. The way they bundle is:

1 PS package
2.VB package
3.BS package.

Each selling from $40 to $45. They have not set the day for purchase yet.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The following is from a thread dated3/2/11 from a SDN member BerkReviewTeach:
He compared the 7 BR FL exams.

BR1 - PS (difficult), VR (easy), BS (medium)
BR2 - PS (medium), VR (hard), BS (medium)
BR3 - PS (difficult), VR (difficult), BS (difficult)
BR4 - PS (medium), VR (medium), BS (hard)
BR5 - PS (hard), VR (medium), BS (hard)
BR6 - PS (semi-easy), VR (medium), BS (medium)
BR7 - PS (hard), VR (medium), BS (hard)

Hope that help! :)

I want to be cautious with what I buy. I will be finishing around April 1st.

that leaves 2 months until my test day of May 31st.

My goals for this are:

READ ALL TPR Biology chapters and do TPR workbook for Biology.

TPR Workbook for all O-CHEM

TPR workbook for topics I had trouble in Physical sciences (not too much)

+ TBR TESTS (ALL)

+ AAMC TESTS (ALL)

+ AAMC 3 Package+ AAMC book that comes with a practice tests worth of passages.

Is 2 months enough time to do all this?

Finals week will take some time out of this month, however, next month will be completely free (except for volunteering).

Can all this be done in 2 months without too much hassle?

Thanks!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I went in to look at the AAMC 3 new tests yesterday.
It looks like they are not a full test as those we know.

It is a 3 separate packages of test from material mixed from AAMC 2,3 & 6. The way they bundle is:

1 PS package
2.VB package
3.BS package.

Each selling from $40 to $45. They have not set the day for purchase yet.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The following is from a thread dated3/2/11 from a SDN member BerkReviewTeach:
He compared the 7 BR FL exams.

BR1 - PS (difficult), VR (easy), BS (medium)
BR2 - PS (medium), VR (hard), BS (medium)
BR3 - PS (difficult), VR (difficult), BS (difficult)
BR4 - PS (medium), VR (medium), BS (hard)
BR5 - PS (hard), VR (medium), BS (hard)
BR6 - PS (semi-easy), VR (medium), BS (medium)
BR7 - PS (hard), VR (medium), BS (hard)

Hope that help! :)

Do you all feel that the BR tests are overall more difficult than the real MCAT? Anyone have a comment or comparison with how you did on BR CBT's vs. the real thing? Please tell me you did better on real thing than BR FL's! Thanks.

Do you all feel that the BR tests are overall more difficult than the real MCAT? Anyone have a comment or comparison with how you did on BR CBT's vs. the real thing? Please tell me you did better on real thing than BR FL's! Thanks.

TBR FLs are definitely harder. If you've done the passages before, it's basically a practice test with BR passages, except this time they take their difficulty and foist it onto a new concept or put a new spin on it. I can say with certainty that I probably never broke 32 or 33 on a TBR FL, and I got a 35 on the real thing.

TBR FLs are definitely harder. If you've done the passages before, it's basically a practice test with BR passages, except this time they take their difficulty and foist it onto a new concept or put a new spin on it. I can say with certainty that I probably never broke 32 or 33 on a TBR FL, and I got a 35 on the real thing.

I'm so, so glad to hear that. That's more or less what I've been making on my BR FL's so I have hope now that maybe I can translate that to a 35! Thanks so much IncognitoGuy!:)