Which FL's to do until Sept. 4th? - Retake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

idkididk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm retaking my MCAT after getting a 27 in January. I used a few Kaplan FL and a few AAMC FL (I think 3-6 or 7), but I was studying through the fall semester so I didn't treat the MCAT with the respect it deserved. I know I can do better than a 27.

I'm currently taking the summer off to study, partly through a Kaplan course and partly through outside material (BR/TPR). I've done Kaplan FL 1 and 2, and my scores were 35 and 39. Since I already took these 2 exams back in January, my scores are probably a bit inflated, although I honest don't remember the passages/questions. I still have Kaplan 3-11 and AAMC 3-11. I plan on doing a FL every Mon/Thurs until Sept 4th, my test date. My question is what order should I do them in?

I was thinking to take the last 5 Kaplan and last 5 AAMC exams? Because I want to take the exams that I haven't seen before. My exam date is on a Thursday, so I was thinking Kaplan on Monday and AAMC on Thursday?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The problem with the last 5 Kaplan FLs, is that there are some repeat questions from earlier tests. I'd pick up the BR FLs (though it might be a tad late for those), AAMC self assessments, and use the rest of your AAMCs in that order. If you can't get the BR FLs, then the order I'd suggest would be Kaplan FLs, AAMC self assessments, followed by finishing up the AAMCs closer to your test date. Also, don't burn through your FLs until you're a bit closer to your test date. Try to space them out so you take one every 3 days. FL, review and practice passages, review practice passages, FL, etc.