Which is better: Wikipremed or Chad's videos?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted444768

I don't mind that Chad's aren't free. Which videos are better? Thinking of using one as supplement

Members don't see this ad.

I used Chad's Videos for my Organic Chemistry courses and they helped me tremendously. I ended up with a B- and A in those courses (B- may have been higher if I would have found his videos earlier in the semester). I owe a lot to those videos. I plan on using them for my MCAT studying along with either TPR or TBR and AAMC practice tests.

thanks a lot DrV1984, I really appreciate the videos. For some reason I need a ton of visuals to be taught biology and this will be a great help!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok so since Ive been using both websites for a minute, here's my 2 cents...

For me, I feel like using both the websites together are beneficial b/c where one website is sufficient, the other website may be insufficient. For example, as stated previously, Wikipremed vids are important to grasp a conceptual understanding of the Physics concepts, a more in-depth understanding. But the vids can be bit boring and one can loose interest really fast, in addition to being slightly convoluted as well. Now on the other hand, as mentioned above, Chad's vids are quick and to the point and he gives you tips that can help with your timing as well. Lastly, Khan Academy simplifies the material even more than Chad does. I guess what Im trying to say is that, use all of the websites b/c everyone can learn something valuable from all of them. Each of them is an important piece to the puzzle.

For Physics and G. Chem study days I usually do it like this:

1. I start off with Khan Academy Vids so that I can get the basics of the subject matter.

2.Next, I look at Chad's vids. I pay close attn to the mcat tips/shortcuts he gives. Then I do his problems.

3. After that, I go into my EK Physics Book and read for content and tips that wasn't covered in the vids. Then I continue to do discrete practice ?'s .

4. Since I find Wikipremeds vids somewhat confusing, I use his vids last LOL and pay attn to his tips and how conceptually understands the equations.

Note: Also, when Im taking notes I only write down the things that I DO NOT know or did not gather 4rm the other/previous vids. *I do this for Chad's vids as well*

5. Then I gather all this info from these various websites, I do 3-4 passages timing myself 7 min each.

Ive been doing this for like 2.5 mo and has noticed that since I've been looking at wikipremed's vids, there has been a drastic decrease in the #?'s i get wrong though in both my practice discretes and passages.

So the trick is just knowing how to use the websites FOR YOUR ADVANTAGE/LEARNING STYLE!!!

Hope this helps you all when studying! :)