Which Kaplan book to use? (2nd ed. vs 3rd ed.)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FauxBlue

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which Kaplan book is better to use? The 2nd edition or wait for the 3rd edition that comes out in July 5th. I write my exam in August. Would it be worth using the 2nd edition and then hop over to the 3rd edition?

Should I just stick to the 1st edition (which I currently own)?

Members don't see this ad.

The editions don't matter. There was very little change from first to second edition and I used the first for the April exam. In terms of content, it will prepare you - what will matter most is practice and AAMC FLs are most important there. Also, the access to Kaplan exams you get with the first edition depends on when you log it in, not on the edition - so you'll still get the newest FLs they have available as long as you register your stuff whenever you're starting to study/take FLs.

The editions don't matter. There was very little change from first to second edition and I used the first for the April exam. In terms of content, it will prepare you - what will matter most is practice and AAMC FLs are most important there. Also, the access to Kaplan exams you get with the first edition depends on when you log it in, not on the edition - so you'll still get the newest FLs they have available as long as you register your stuff whenever you're starting to study/take FLs.

Sweet thanks for your response! So would you say it's not worth getting the 3rd edition?

Sweet thanks for your response! So would you say it's not worth getting the 3rd edition?

I would say it's not worth getting either second or third editions if you've got the first already.

Reactions: 1 user