Which Kaplan Review books are good to use??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DotheDo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have heard the Kaplan Path book should be tossed away -- what about the other books -- any suggestions as to which are worthwhile to use and which are not? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

DotheDo said:
I have heard the Kaplan Path book should be tossed away -- what about the other books -- any suggestions as to which are worthwhile to use and which are not? thanks

I've heard good things about the Immune section, Biochem/Cell Molec, and Pharm. The rest of Kaplan I've heard is not worthwile doing.

I've been using the Kaplan Physiology Home Study book, which I think is quite good so far.
The Path Home Study book is weak - no end-of-chapter questions, and pretty sparse. So, I'm using the Goljan audio and notes, and getting the new 3rd ed. BRS Path instead.
The Micro seems good - lots of charts, which I'm not real wild about, but just started this, so we'll see.
The Biochem is good, too, as mentioned above.

And, of course QBank is great (so far).

Just my experience to date...

I have the kaplan path. It is a nice short read compared to others, which means its missing lots of info. It all depends on what you're going for I guess...