which one is better NYIT, UMDNJ or Stony brook?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ptdream

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am just curious to know which university is better for DPT prog. Including tuition/campus/curriculum/value and othe factors?
I got into all three colleges but so confused where should I go...and I have to reply them back in 15 days now...
Help!!!:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

First off Congrats!!

2nd Were do you live? If you live in NY, then I would do Stony, UMDNJ, NYIT. Most pref to least.

If NJ, then UMDNJ, Stony Brook, NYIT. Reason I am ranking NYIT low is because you are sharing some classes with PA and OT students, and their prof are not all PT profs, but some are OT/PA profs.

But this is me.

Hello,
I am just curious to know which university is better for DPT prog. Including tuition/campus/curriculum/value and othe factors?
I got into all three colleges but so confused where should I go...and I have to reply them back in 15 days now...
Help!!!:confused:

I live in NJ
but stony brook has 143 credits prog. so i m little scared...
where as umdnj and nyit around 100-110 credits
all confused...:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
I see. I am going to take a stab at this and say they are assigned different credit values to certain classes. IE Anatomy UMDNJ = 4, SB = 7 :confused:

I never applied to SB or looked @ SB for PT, so you will have to ask some1 in the program to why they are 143credits.

Also More classes with less credit values. while NYIT and UMDNJ less class but higher credit values.

But I am clueless. :oops:

In my opinion you should definetly go to UMDNJ, it is also one of the best universities. Do you mind if you state your GRE scores as well as your GPA, cuz i really wanted to get into UMDNJ but never applied there and I was wandering what scores do they accept. Thanks.

my GRE score is 1300 and GPA 3.6
and I have 350 hours of PT work experience

wow i feel like i have no chance now :/

wow i feel like i have no chance now :/

I got into UMDNJ-Newark. I only had an 1170 on the GREs. Undergrad was 3.1, but I have a much higher postbac/grad GPA. 170 volunteer hours. They really do look at the whole person, not just numbers! :)

How would you rank UMDNJ compared to Drexel? I love neuro and heard that UMDNJ is great for that, plus loved the faculty and the research opportunities there. But prefer more time for gross anatomy, technology and a little more spread out in terms of clinical, which Drexel has. Any thoughts? :confused: Still have 2 more schools to hear from, but these are the two acceptances on my plate right now...

I live in NJ
but stony brook has 143 credits prog. so i m little scared...
where as umdnj and nyit around 100-110 credits
all confused...:confused:

I also think for you UMDNJ is a better option for you ...And it is true, stony does have more credits. And so you end up taking more classes per semester, compared to other programs.

I got into UMDNJ-Newark. I only had an 1170 on the GREs. Undergrad was 3.1, but I have a much higher postbac/grad GPA. 170 volunteer hours. They really do look at the whole person, not just numbers! :)

How would you rank UMDNJ compared to Drexel? I love neuro and heard that UMDNJ is great for that, plus loved the faculty and the research opportunities there. But prefer more time for gross anatomy, technology and a little more spread out in terms of clinical, which Drexel has. Any thoughts? :confused: Still have 2 more schools to hear from, but these are the two acceptances on my plate right now...
I got accepted into UMDNJ and Drexel as well. I think Drexel has a better overall program.