Which one is the best powerbrush?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrosen993

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Oral B Pro 5000 vs. Sonicare Flexcare Platinum vs. Rotadent

Which one is best and Why?

Pros and Cons of each would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

+1 Sonicare! No pros / cons - just personal preference!

I have the oral b and the platinum. I personally prefer Oral B, but both do a great job.

Plus Oral B is at a better price point, so when I recommend it to patients they appreciate being given the more cost effective option, considering both are about equally effective in plaque removal.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sonicare is more for people with periodontal disease and you need to use it properly. Oral B is more conventional and less technique sensitive.
I, personally, did not like Sonicare - it did not remove plaque as well as Oral B

Which one is the best? Its impossible to answer that question. For some it is whichever is cheapest. For others, whichever has more evidence based data supporting it. For others, the color, look, and feel. And if someone isn't going to use it, it isn't the best.

Its like asking what dental material is the best. Well, each have their benefits in specific situations. Its also like toothpaste - I have patients all the time asking me which is my preference. I tell them just to use one with fluoride and a flavor they like so they'll actually use it. Each person will have their own preferences and this will be "the best" for them.

On a personal note, I use Soniccare only because it was on sale at Costco a while back and I could pick up two of them for a deal.