which organ produces bile?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

BodybldgDoc

My understanding was that the gall bladder produces it and the liver secretes it from the gall bladder into the duodenum.
In one of the topscore questions it says the Liver produces bile and emulsifies fats? Is this accurate?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
My understanding was that the gall bladder produces it and the liver secretes it from the gall bladder into the duodenum.
In one of the topscore questions it says the Liver produces bile and emulsifies fats? Is this accurate?

The liver produces and excretes bile (a greenish liquid) required for emulsifying fats. Some of the bile drains directly into the duodenum.

Marion

I guess I memorized it backwards. thx for the feedback guys.

Okay, here is what I think you should know about that question:

old RBC are broken down in the spleen (some are broken down in the liver) and the fragments are collected by the liver, which aids in synthesizing bile. The bile is then synthesized in the liver and sent into the gall bladder to be stored. When the chyme enters the duodnenum, the instestine walls secrete an enzyme called CCK, which stimulated the hepatic and cystic gland to contract, causing the bile to be released from gall bladder and into the common bile duct. The common bile duct has a sphicter calles, Sphincter of Oddi, which open and lets the bile and other pancreatic juices in the duodneum.

Hope this helps!!

old RBC are broken down in the spleen (some are broken down in the liver) and the fragments are collected by the liver, which aids in synthesizing bile. The bile is then synthesized in the liver and sent into the gall bladder to be stored. When the chyme enters the duodnenum, the instestine walls secrete an enzyme called CCK, which stimulated the hepatic and cystic gland to contract, causing the bile to be released from gall bladder and into the common bile duct. The common bile duct has a sphicter calles, Sphincter of Oddi, which open and lets the bile and other pancreatic juices in the duodneum.

Hope this helps!!

wow thanks for the thorough explanation.

Hope this helps!!

just had a lecture on this in phys. :thumbup:

hahaha.... yeah the liver produces it and it's stored in the gall bladder before it gets emptied into the duodenum