Which pharm schools only look at the highest grades??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ptnguye5

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The only school i know is Texas Tech. Are there any other schools?? I had to retake a few classes and so i wanna know which schools only use the highest grades to calculate the gpa... thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

The only school i know is Texas Tech. Are there any other schools?? I had to retake a few classes and so i wanna know which schools only use the highest grades to calculate the gpa... thanks.

Wayne State, kind of, from what I recall. It becomes a problem if you have multiple below-C marks and retake them. Visit their website for more info.

Try searching the forum, I think I have seen a similiar thread before :)

Members don't see this ad :)
New private schools seem to be that way. I know USN Utah campus was pretty strict about high gpa. I think they do this to help ensure their first couple of classes are successful but I have no concrete proof. Just speculation.

New private schools seem to be that way. I know USN Utah campus was pretty strict about high gpa. I think they do this to help ensure their first couple of classes are successful but I have no concrete proof. Just speculation.

University of Southern Nevada has the highest average I have seen, I believe its usually about 3.7

UNC and UCSF b/c they are high rank schools? I think anyways. I don't know anyone with below an 90 on the PCAT that got accepted to UNC.

UNC and UCSF b/c they are high rank schools? I think anyways. I don't know anyone with below an 90 on the PCAT that got accepted to UNC.

That's not true about the PCAT scores with UNC. I know some students personally who did not score 90 and above and have gotten in.

University of Southern Nevada has the highest average I have seen, I believe its usually about 3.7

Yeah, but they have academic forgiveness so that probably inflates it a bit. I don't know my real GPA but I think it is around a 3.1. My academic forgiveness GPA is 4.0. Hopefully I'll get a spot and inflate that average a bit more.