Which Premed subject gave/gives you the most trouble?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

which prereq drove you crazy?

• biology

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • general chemistry

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • organic chemistry

Votes: 52 31.3%
  • physics

Votes: 64 38.6%
  • other

Votes: 22 13.3%

• Total voters

stoic

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted"
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For me it's physics, hands down. I hate that **** so much! Physics II is even more boring the second time around....

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
stoic said:
For me it's physics, hands down. I hate that **** so much! Physics II is even more boring the second time around....

Well, I dunno, Physics for me was entertaining... every day the instructor would come in and start a 30 minute story that usually went... "One time I was stoned..." or "One time I saw aliens..." or my personal favorite "One time I was stoned and saw aliens..." *

I pick g-chem cuz I didn't start to like it until the practical stuff started kicking in during gchem 2. My gchem 1 prof didn't set himself on fire NEARLY as much as my gchem 2 prof... and honestly, in the great scheme of things, that's what really matters, right?

* = one of the "perks" of summer school physics. :)

cell bio.

pure drudgery

physics: my professor kept proving all the formulas: necessary, but we didn't do any examples!

physics sucks. gonna ruin my GPA.

G- Chem by far... I was a little freshman who had no idea what was going on :confused:

Physics II. We had 20 page problem sets every week, with proofs. I learned a lot, but in too much depth to be of much use on the MCAT.

liverotcod said:
Physics II. We had 20 page problem sets every week, with proofs. I learned a lot, but in too much depth to be of much use on the MCAT.

Physics without a doubt. Not that I loved Organic Chem but I though that was easier.

Organic Chem can completely suck at my school depending on the professor.

Members don't see this ad :)
gchem -- boring.

Non of the above. The honors humanities were the ones that killed it.

NubianPrincess said:
Non of the above. The honors humanities were the ones that killed it.
Yes, but were they premed courses, Your Highness? :confused:

Ochem 1 and 2. We've had the same professor through the same sequence, and here we are in semester 2, and our curves are still set at 35/100. And I consider that to be a bit too high. Why? Well, it's due to the fact that out of the 40 remaining students (from a pool of 200+ first semester), 6 of them are chemistry grad and doctoral students who are retaking the class and scoring 70's. I can't imagine the curve if they weren't around.

I took Orgo in the summer. During that same semester I lived in a roach infested house. I also momentarily had a run in with the law. Ah yes, I hate organic Chemistry and I hate that summer.

BTW general physics is the most failed class nation wide.

liverotcod said:
Yes, but were they premed courses, Your Highness? :confused:
Reading isn't a pre-med course either :p

Hey weave-me alone. I was bored and at work and I wanted to be in the conversation too :D

u guys saying physics must mean calc based physics, because trig based is cake.... i have taken many upper level bio and chem classes, yet looking back it seems i worked the hardest in organic...

stoic said:
:D I liked physics.

Organic was pretty tough though.

stoic said:
Same here...I loved some of the theories presented in the class about strings, antigravity particles, etc....but, god, I freakin hated studying for those stupid tests (especially harmonics: what the hell do i care about harmonics?)

No doubt in my mind that it is english.

None, all of those have been fun classes.

I hate classes like Government, Economics, and other bull sh%$ classes I have to take for my degree requirement. Hate sitting down and having to go through the reading for that.

Physics is the most challenging, but not boring.

Order of fun:
1. Organic Chemistry (lol hate me if you want to)
2. Physics (so against the grain)
3. Biology
4. Gen Chem I
5. Gen Chem II (seriously who gives a **** about solutions, a monkey can do those for me)

I like how this thread is originally from 2004 lol

Reactions: 1 users
Gen Chem hands down. **** that class.

Reactions: 1 user
Physics, by far. Me + no physics taken in high school (if only I knew) + calc-based physics + crappy professor = MAJOR STRUGGLES + GPA KILLER. The Physical Science section on the MCAT was my worst subscore.

Also, this thread is from 2004 wow???