which school should i choose?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blueeyore4

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm from Virginia and I got accepted into UCSF, Maryland, VCU, and UPenn. I have to send my deposit in soon and I can only afford to send one. Which school do you think I should choose?

I'm looking for pros and cons for each school. What are your opinions on each school? Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

im not sure what ur looking for from these forums... The interviews and tours should have acquainted you to the schools with of course the financial differences to be a contributing factor.

In-state tuition seems like the way to go as long as you liked VCU. If you're considering military hpsp by all means pick the most expensive tuition school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations on getting so many acceptances, you should feel very fortunate. I am assuming, you went to interviews at all of these schools. Which one did you like the best?

If that still does not help, you should consider tuition. Yes all dental schools will put you in a crap load of debt, but to minimize it as much as possible is a good thing to consider.

All of those schools seem like excellent dental schools so I would just choose the most "cost effective" one. That is just what I would do...after I awoke from a long coma due to that many acceptances.:laugh:

Congratulations on getting so many acceptances, you should feel very fortunate. I am assuming, you went to interviews at all of these schools. Which one did you like the best?

If that still does not help, you should consider tuition. Yes all dental schools will put you in a crap load of debt, but to minimize it as much as possible is a good thing to consider.

All of those schools seem like excellent dental schools so I would just choose the most "cost effective" one. That is just what I would do...after I awoke from a long coma due to that many acceptances.:laugh:
could you please withdraw from maryland (i mean if you arent going to go) because i really want to go there!!! ;)

I'm from Virginia and I got accepted into UCSF, Maryland, VCU, and UPenn. I have to send my deposit in soon and I can only afford to send one. Which school do you think I should choose?

I'm looking for pros and cons for each school. What are your opinions on each school? Thanks for the help!

It depends on what your priorities are.

PRICE/Home: VCU
Specializing/Ivy: UPenn
Location/Research: UCSF
Technology/Facilities: Maryland

If tuition wasnt a factor, then UCSF or UPenn

If you are fine with moving across the country then UCSF: P/F- enjoy your years in dental school.