Which school should I put as my reach?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctaJay

bone breaker
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should it be Harvard or Yale? Is there a particular difference between these two schools. Is one more cut throat than the other? Which one requires a research thesis? (I have an MSAR, but I let me friend loan it,and the friend is in another state). Really I just want to know which one yall would choose as your reach and why?

Members don't see this ad.

Which one do you think is the better fit for YOU and how YOU learn?

Yale definitely requires one and I think Harvard does in one of its pathways. I don't believe that both pathways do there.

If it was me, I would go to YALE in a heartbeat over Harvard. Depends on what you want to do and which one you think will best put you closer to your goals.

Members don't see this ad :)
doctajay said:
Lol, JHU requires Cal1 and Cal2, and I've only taken Cal1. My distaste for Cal 2 is greater than my desire to go to Hopkins.

Unless things have cahnged, Hopkins only requires Calc I and a Statistics course. ;)

My question would be: Boston or New Haven? For two similarly ranked schools, the locale of where to spend four years would weigh in pretty heavy.

Been to New Haven? Whew.

Seriously dude, if you can afford it, you should apply to Harvard, Yale, JHU and any others that feel good about. I think you'd get some interviews.