Which School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HaHa15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on applying to UF, Purdue, and Mississippi vet schools this year. I would like to apply to a fourth school, but I cannot make up my mind which school would be best. Does anyone have any opinions/advice about Midwestern, Missouri, Pennsylvania, or Georgia Universities?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You should really post in the "What are my chances?" thread with stats, so we know a little more about you and can guide you a bit more. The only thing I will say is that if you're OOS for UGA and have average-ish stats, I wouldn't bother with UGA because they only take like 1 OOS person a year.

You should really post in the "What are my chances?" thread with stats, so we know a little more about you and can guide you a bit more. The only thing I will say is that if you're OOS for UGA and have average-ish stats, I wouldn't bother with UGA because they only take like 1 OOS person a year.

UGA's website says they took 13 OOS students for the class of 2017

Members don't see this ad :)
UGA's website says they took 13 OOS students for the class of 2017

Are those truly OOS students and not contract seats? I haven't looked recently but I know when I applied they only ever took like 2 people who were truly OOS.

ETA: Hmm, I guess they have been taking more. I swear I saw info in past years that had listed 1-3 OOS.

Are those truly OOS students and not contract seats? I haven't looked recently but I know when I applied they only ever took like 2 people who were truly OOS.

ETA: Hmm, I guess they have been taking more. I swear I saw info in past years that had listed 1-3 OOS.

Maybe! I'm not sure since this was my first year applying so I couldn't say about previous years.

Florida resident, UCF sophmore (junior by credits)
Major Biology (Graduation: Spring 2015)
Minor Chemistry
Cumulative GPA: 3.48
Science GPA: 3.3
Last 45hrs:3.31
GRE: V149, Q150,A 4.0 (will be retaking in May)
Animal Experience hours:
-200hrs at a local animal rescue
-30hrs at Audubon Center for Birds of Prey
-will be volunteering at a farm in May
Vet Experience:
-220hrs at small animal vet clinic (just got a job there so more hours to come:))
Research:
-published 61 page Honors in the Major research thesis on the effects of algal blooms on marine communities in the Indian River Lagoon, FL
Honors/Awards:
-Delta Epsilon Iota Academic Honor Society
-Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society
-National Society of Collegiate Scholars
-National Society of Leadership and Success
-Principal's Honor Role Fall 2012
-Dean's List Spring 2013
Extracurricular:
-violin tutor 2012
-Pre-vet Society 2013
-violinist at church Christmas 2010-2013
-violinist at senior living home 2013