Which schools are accredited in all 50 States ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kobebucsfan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which schools will let me get a license and a practice in all 50 states (especially florida)

Is AUA one of them ?

Members don't see this ad.

Which schools will let me get a license and a practice in all 50 states (especially florida)

Is AUA one of them ?

The four schools are SGU, Ross, AUC, and Saba. They're not accredited in all 50 states, they're just recognized by their licensing boards. The only schools that will allow you to be licensed in all 50 states are these four.

if I go to AUA, I can't have a practice in FL ?

so AUA grads can only work in NY and Cali ?

Members don't see this ad :)
if I go to AUA, I can't have a practice in FL ?

so AUA grads can only work in NY and Cali ?

You're thinking about going to AUA, and you haven't researched this yet?!! This is something you should be checking before spending time and money on applying to AUA. Look at your states licensing requirements and find out if AUA grads can get licensed in Florida. There is a website for Florida's medical board which should give you more information. Or better still, apply to the big four (SGU, Ross, AUC, Saba), assuming you've already tried your hardest to get into a US school. That way, getting a license in the state you want won't be an issue.

Last edited:
Yes, AUA IS one of the states that is California approved, which is what you're referring to.

You can practice in FL if you attend AUA and graduate and land a residency.

The four schools are SGU, Ross, AUC, and Saba. They're not accredited in all 50 states, they're just recognized by their licensing boards. The only schools that will allow you to be licensed in all 50 states are these four.

This guy is wrong. AUA now has the same status as those 4 listed.

AUA is a good school. I don't know about all 50 but they are Cali approved which is rare outside of the Big 4. You should look at individual state boards for all 50. However I would only advise you to go to Ross, SGU, AUC if you are a US citizen and need financial assistance to finance your medical education because they are the only 3 with federal financial aid. Federal aid makes life a lot easier. A lot of AUA students have to do online MBAs (pretty useless) to get loans. I was in a similar position and chose Ross over Saba for this reason.

Good Luck!

This guy is wrong. AUA now has the same status as those 4 listed.

Um, no. AUA may be California-approved, but that doesn't necessarily mean its approved in all 50 states.

I think if you have enough $$ and a good lawyer you'd be able to practice in ANY state. I mean, you can go to the Medical College of Iraq and California will approve them sight unseen but when it comes to a Carrib school they turn their nose up? It's BS in my opinion. If any state doesn't want someone to practice then stop them from taking the Step Exams. We all take the USmle.. not the California MLE.

I think if you have enough $$ and a good lawyer you'd be able to practice in ANY state. I mean, you can go to the Medical College of Iraq and California will approve them sight unseen but when it comes to a Carrib school they turn their nose up? It's BS in my opinion. If any state doesn't want someone to practice then stop them from taking the Step Exams. We all take the USmle.. not the California MLE.

1. Licensing is a state issue, not a federal issue.
2. The government does not run the USMLE.

1. Licensing is a state issue, not a federal issue.
2. The government does not run the USMLE.

1. Correct.
2. Correct.

No lawyer will be able to assist you in circumnavigating this process for you. Period.

-Skip

Is AUA one of them ?

if you speak spanish you can try Puerto rico medical schools( same as US medical schools).
Dominican Republic has 4 medical schools approved in All 50 states, only one of them with an english/spanish program though.

Accreditation and Licensing[edit]
The American University of Antigua operates under the laws of Antigua and Barbuda pursuant to its Charter which was issued by the Government in 2003 and revalidated in 2004.[18] The School of Medicine is listed in the FAIMER International Medical Education Directory[4] and the AVICENNA Directory for medicine.[19]

In June 2012, the AUA MD program was granted provisional accreditation by the Caribbean Accreditation Authority for Education in Medicine and other Health Professions (CAAM-HP) until 2014.[20][21]

AUA students are recognized by the Department of Education, as well as medical boards, for clinical training, residency, and licensure in New York and California. State medical board recognition from these 2 states entitles graduates to practice medicine and apply for residency in all 50 of the United States, thus making AUA one of only 5 Caribbean medical schools that currently have such recognition. [2][22][7]

Good for them!

Just be certain that "applying for residency" also means ability to get an independent license to practice medicine. As most people who frequent this forum know, the Texas medical board is the barometer.

-Skip

Accreditation and Licensing[edit]
The American University of Antigua operates under the laws of Antigua and Barbuda pursuant to its Charter which was issued by the Government in 2003 and revalidated in 2004.[18] The School of Medicine is listed in the FAIMER International Medical Education Directory[4] and the AVICENNA Directory for medicine.[19]

In June 2012, the AUA MD program was granted provisional accreditation by the Caribbean Accreditation Authority for Education in Medicine and other Health Professions (CAAM-HP) until 2014.[20][21]

AUA students are recognized by the Department of Education, as well as medical boards, for clinical training, residency, and licensure in New York and California. State medical board recognition from these 2 states entitles graduates to practice medicine and apply for residency in all 50 of the United States, thus making AUA one of only 5 Caribbean medical schools that currently have such recognition. [2][22][7]

Hmm, this quote from Wikipedia is inaccurate. Being recognized by NY and CA does not automatically make a school "approved in all 50 states." At the moment, graduates of AUA still cannot be licensed in Kansas because the school is not over 15 years old, at least not until 2019. This is a K.S.A. 65-2873 requirement.