Which schools give a Canadian the best shot?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Deanis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys/girls.

I'm a Canadian and it's hella hard to get into medical school here, so I'm hoping to go to the US.

My question is which schools are most friendly to international applicants?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Canada FTL.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys/girls.

I'm a Canadian and it's hella hard to get into medical school here, so I'm hoping to go to the US.

My question is which schools are most friendly to international applicants?

Thanks.
FWIW, buy the MSAR...you'll be much better off. Look it up on the aamc website.

from what I know...

Wayne State
Vermont
Albert Einstein
Harvard
Yale
Columbia
Cornell
NYU

Pick schools you are interested in and then go to their websites, they will tell you if they accept Canadians. Some don't even accept anyone who isn't a resident of the US, makes the decision pretty easy for you.

The MSAR wasnt really helpful (for me).

I suggest having a look at my mdapps and apply to the schools that gave me interviews south of the border. Also, you should definitely be applying to UBC since your chances ultimately are the best there.

Most private schools are friendly towards international students as long as you can pay the fees.

So, Northwestern , UChicago , Cornell , Columbia, Stanford, Dartmouth, Brown, Yale, NYU, Duke, Harvard, Tufts, Johns Hopkins, Wayne State, Jefferson, Georgetown, Case Western, Einstein, Mt.Sinai, Boston, Vanderbilt.

DD

unrelated to the topic, but since the 'nucks aren't in the playoffs, who are you pulling for?