Which schools offer scholarships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentalist

carpe diem
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there dental schools that give out the scholarships. Also, are there need-based finaicial aid as well (not loans but grants)?

Members don't see this ad.

UMDNJ offers merit based scholarships.

Dentalist said:
Are there dental schools that give out the scholarships ?

Only the schools that are seriously overpriced already - places like Penn and UOP, but the scholarship still won't bring your tuition anywhere near what you'd pay at a state school or a cheap private school. (Is there such a thing? ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the amount of merit based scholarships are helpful but are not going to get you a free education. Tufts offers a merit based scholarship for the first year of $4000. Every year after that you have to be in the top 20 to get it....I think. I have heard that UPenn has great scholarships especially if you are hispanic. The Boston University Scholarhsip of 10,000 is definitely helpful if you are planning on going there. But once you add up all the other expenses, not just looking at tuition then it really comes out to approximately the same as in every other private school, and definitely much higher then a state school. BU is sooo expensive. If you are concerned about being in so much debt, I would try for state schools first and of course, leave the private ones for safety schools. Also, make sure you check out the cost of living because some cities are outrageous to live in with a student budget.