Which schools should I apply to? (As URM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JessebenBenjamin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have a great app. Although your overall GPA is relatively low for allopathic medical schools, I think that your great MCAT and upward GPA trend make up for it. I would recommend applying to all Cali schools, and OOS schools such as: Rosalind Franklin, the DC schools, the Philly schools, NYMC, Albany, VCU, Morehouse, Meharry, Saint Louis and there maybe a few more (check the MSAR). I think that you should be fine if you only apply to allopathic medical schools, however, you could add osteopathic medical schools if you'd like. For example, Western - Pomona and Touro - Mare Island are good med school choices if staying in California for school is important to you. Also, make sure to apply for the AMCAS FAP if you haven't already. It will save you tons of money. PM me if you'd like. I am also a Latino from California. Good luck.

I'd apply to every school you have resources to apply. Harvard Med School changes the lives of people who once thought they never had a chance every year. Never know who will say yes.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You should be applying to all the top schools you want. Pick up the phone and call the diversity offices of the schools you're thinking about and ask them what they think. People with your stats and your story get into places like Harvard, Penn, Stanford, and WashU every year.

Reactions: 1 user