WHICH SCHOOLS TO APPLY TO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentist92

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just took my DAT and didn't score too hot. I have a 3.5 GPA 3.7 SGPA and live in Illinois...

17-PAT
17-Orgo
20-Bio
21-Chem
21-QR
20-Reading Comp
TS-19
AA-20

Which schools should I consider applying to? I'm so clueless to what I should be doing.

I am forsure applying to UIC, midwestern, and SIU since they are instate schools, any other ideas for my scores?

Members don't see this ad.

Your DAT isn't DAT bad haha. You definitely have a shot, just make sure to apply broadly. With your GPA, you could apply to almost all the schools that have around 19-20 average DAT. Get the guide and narrow down your choices. Gluck

Members don't see this ad :)
I am planning on sending out applications to the following schools, any do you guys see that should not be on there?

Oklahoma
Alabama
Loma L
USC
Tenn
UIC
Indiana
Louisville
LECOM
Midw IL
S. Illinois
Kentucky
Nebraska
New England
Roseman
Howard
Meharry

I am planning on sending out applications to the following schools, any do you guys see that should not be on there?

Oklahoma
Alabama
Loma L
USC
Tenn
UIC
Indiana
Louisville
LECOM
Midw IL
S. Illinois
Kentucky
Nebraska
New England
Roseman
Howard
Meharry

Why no Texas schools?

Arent their acceptance rate for out of state fairly low?

I would drop USC (you have enough privates already), and Meharry and Howard if you aren't a minority.

VCU and UNLV are usually common public schools OOS students apply to, so consider adding them. You can probably shave the list to 10-15 max, but that's a total shwag estimate on my part.

I would not add TX schools seeing as they are VERY OOS unfriendly. The ADEA guide will provide more clarity.

Posted using SDN Mobile