Which secondaries should I fill out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tritip

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to about 20 schools this cycle before taking my MCAT. I just got my MCAT back recently and I scored in the 10% of many of the schools I applied to. My GPA 3.7cGPA and 3.6sGPA. So far, I received about 10 secondaries, most of these schools are private and have MCAT ranges from 26-33.

Does anyone know which schools are notorious at sending you secondaries just to collect the fee? I rather be screened out and denied a secondary than throwing money down the drain.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to about 20 schools this cycle before taking my MCAT. I just got my MCAT back recently and I scored in the 10% of many of the schools I applied to. My GPA 3.7cGPA and 3.6sGPA. So far, I received about 10 secondaries, most of these schools are private and have MCAT ranges from 26-33.

Does anyone know which schools are notorious at sending you secondaries just to collect the fee? I rather be screened out and denied a secondary than throwing money down the drain.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

Most schools don't screen, unfortunately. You can check your MSAR to see exactly which ones do screen. Wake Forest is the only one I can think of at the top of my head.

Most schools don't screen, unfortunately. You can check your MSAR to see exactly which ones do screen. Wake Forest is the only one I can think of at the top of my head.

Thanks. I got one from George Washing University before they even verified my application and MCAT... kind of scary. Probably won't be applying to that school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Boston University sent the invitation early as well. Didn't stop me from sending in that secondary.

Boston University sent the invitation early as well. Didn't stop me from sending in that secondary.

I know I should fill out as many secondaries as possible but I'm at the point of breaking broke hehe.

What I'm really trying to avoid are schools that will give you a secondary even if you have a 2.0 GPA and a 10MCAT or something crazy like that.

I know I should fill out as many secondaries as possible but I'm at the point of breaking broke hehe.

You're going to have to shell out a significant of money if you get interviews.

You're going to have to shell out a significant of money if you get interviews.

Yea interviews is worth the money though since most schools will only send out interviews if they really think you'll be a fit for their school. I'll take out loans for those!

Yea interviews is worth the money though since most schools will only send out interviews if they really think you'll be a fit for their school. I'll take out loans for those!

You might want to post a thread in the "What are my chances?" forum to get a better idea of where you have a realistic shot based on numbers, EC, etc. If money is really that tight, it might help with efficiency.