Which SMP programs have linkages?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TrillyBassily

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2.7 GPA and a 32 MCATS with decent ECs and I'm looking for any SMP program that I may have a shot at getting into for this fall that has a linkage program.

Any suggestions would be thoroughly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I'll save you the search.

The only SMP program with a direct MD linkage is Temple's ACMS and BCMS program.

Tulane's ACP is almost a guarantee as long as you beat the medical school average, but I don't know if this still holds true (haven't heard much about it since about 2 years ago while researching SMP programs).

Rosalind's also has an unofficial linkage with a pretty decent # of the students accepted but I would read the specific threads about it before committing to it to see how strong it still is. It seems to be growing in size as well.

EVMS has been growing in class size lately and is not as highly recommended as it used to be.

BU MAMS, Cincinnati SMP, Georgetown are respectable programs since they are difficult and their class sizes aren't as insane as other programs (such as USF MSMS having over 250+ students) but there is absolutely no linkage between the medical school and the masters programs and acceptance isn't really that high for the same institution.

Even if it is outdated, use this thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/gpa-enhancement-programs-smps-postbacs-et-al-june-2009-list.640302/ and focus on the Category 1 programs. Any category below that is basically not worth your time/money and there are a few category 1 programs that are no longer as great as before.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users