Which specialty is more in demand in the military

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Symmetry11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Psychiatry or EM? Also which gets deployed more

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

If you are just curious, my guess would be EM to both. But please, for the love of God and all things Holy, do NOT base your pursuit of a specialty on anything other than your desire to do said specialty.

Psychiatry or EM? Also which gets deployed more

Symmetry - Get your priorities in line. Go finish your undergrad degree with a good GPA, take your MCAT, and get a Med School acceptance. If you want to deploy go see a recruiter and enlist.

Use google or the search feature in this forum to determine how many EM and Psych Residents are trained each year in Army, AF, and Navy.

Members don't see this ad :)
More in demand? I'd wager psych. I know for the Army, you could wipe out 20% of EM applicants and still match all your residency spots. No one's ever done a GMO tour because they applied to psych.

Who's demand? Patients, docs, or the Army?

All the Army cares about is having "equivalent providers" who can keeps billets warm.

Reactions: 1 users
Who's demand? Patients, docs, or the Army?

All the Army cares about is having "equivalent providers" who can keeps billets warm.

And thus the reason we have therapists doing things like chakra energy therapy or unstructured play therapy with 12 year olds. Also, the genesis of probably 90% of my daily headaches as a supervisor. Upon reviewing their files, I have no idea how a lot of them were even hired to begin with.

Reactions: 2 users
The constitution guarantees the right to properly rotating chakras. Or it should.

Reactions: 1 user