Which state should I choose as primary state for Naplex. I need guidance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djoker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Currently I have been studying for naplex. I might schedule the test in mid of august. My situation is like I am a resident of NY and I did the internship in MD. I have attrempted to take the Naplex at april 1st only to fail it badly. I seriously went in the depression for a month and could not able to study at all. Right now I have been studying for 10 to 12 hours (Rxprep book and question mainly). My question is that:

1)Is the Naplex score vary from state to state ? I mean had I attempted it keeping primary state NY instead of MD, would I got a higher score or vice versa?
2)I can choose between MD and NY as I have been registered from both of them. which state should I choose ( assuming it does vary from state to state) ?
3)Currently I have been living in NY. Is it possible that taking NAPLEX test for MD from one of the testing centers in NY will affect my score?

Members don't see this ad.

P.S my frist attempt was from one of the centers in NY, and I took it as keeping my primary state MD. I got very low score.

NAPLEX is the same test no matter where you take it. It doesn't matter what state. It's a test of pharmacy knowledge you should have obtained regardless of what school you went to or what state you lived in.

Ok, then if that is true, I should not be hesitant to get it registered again from MD.

P.S: Even many dentists do not floss GoldfishPharmD :)