which tests to take before Test Day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oh_Gee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I bought access to all the AAMC's and GS's FL's and my test day is Sep. 12. I just took AAMC 3 today (booo i got 10/10/10 and feeling sad). am planning to do 2-3 tests a week starting now that i finally finished content review. which tests from AAMC and GS would you guys recommend i do the week of my test?

Members don't see this ad.

Save AAMC 11 for third last. If @SwedishMD2B hadn't told me I would've taken 11 last and freaked out lol. I would do 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 10, 9 and alternate GS exams in between. Make sure to do heavy post-game after each AAMC test

Reactions: 2 users
Save AAMC 11 for third last. If @SwedishMD2B hadn't told me I would've taken 11 last and freaked out lol. I would do 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 10, 9 and alternate GS exams in between. Make sure to do heavy post-game after each AAMC test
so it doesn't really increase in difficulty as # goes up?

Members don't see this ad :)
so it doesn't really increase in difficulty as # goes up?

Well yes and no.. difficulty is relative. Each test will have different topics, but the biggest difference IMO between 9-11 and the rest of them is how the topics are presented. You want to take 11 first out of that group so you spend enough time on post-game. And I reiterate the importance of post-game (for the AAMC tests but not so much for others).

which section of ammc 11 is so much harder or is every section harder than most ammcs?

8 and 11 were much harder than 10... felt like i should've taken 10 before 8 and 11 to boost my confidence. still have 9 to take

For everyone saying 11 is so hard, did you guys actually score (significantly) below your AAMC average up to that point? Or do you guys just think it is harder but end up scoring around the same?

For everyone saying 11 is so hard, did you guys actually score (significantly) below your AAMC average up to that point? Or do you guys just think it is harder but end up scoring around the same?
lol you got me there. touche
i guess i just thought i was harder. 8 for sure was tough. how'd you feel about that one?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 47
@Oh_Gee

I thought 8 was probably the toughest one I've done so far (3-9) but I didn't score worse. I achieved my exact AAMC average up to this point.

I was planning on doing them all in order but I'll reconsider about whether to do 11 before 10.

@Oh_Gee

I thought 8 was probably the toughest one I've done so far (3-9) but I didn't score worse. I achieved my exact AAMC average up to this point.

I was planning on doing them all in order but I'll reconsider about whether to do 11 before 10.
ah i don't want to tell you which ones i thought were harder now b/c i don't want that to influence your state of mind before your practice test. i find that it's better to force myself into thinking any test i take is the hardest test in the world

Reactions: 1 user