Which version of FA....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osteohack10

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The health network I work for is offering discounts for textbooks and FA is on the list. Which version of FA do you reccomend for years 1 and 2? Just the FA for basic sciences?

Members don't see this ad.

Just the standard Step 1 review book if it fits with your curriculum.

I'm big believer in hitting the core reading for the big subjects, such as Constanzo for physio. The standard FA book isn't that great of a review for first year if you're just taking basic science classes separate. Knowing the FA section for cardio physio, for example, would result in like a 30% on your in class exams. I think review time would better be spent with BRS or HY books that go further in depth than FA but drastically less than a full volume book.

Reactions: 1 user
Just the standard Step 1 review book if it fits with your curriculum.

I'm big believer in hitting the core reading for the big subjects, such as Constanzo for physio. The standard FA book isn't that great of a review for first year if you're just taking basic science classes separate. Knowing the FA section for cardio physio, for example, would result in like a 30% on your in class exams. I think review time would better be spent with BRS or HY books that go further in depth than FA but drastically less than a full volume book.
Ya I don't know how people use FA alone for physio. Would have to complement with notes from class or something at least. But standard FA is great for everything else I've used it for so far.