Who are the cutest specialties in medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Cutest? Bah. Here I was, hoping someone would start a thread asking which specialty has the highest ratio of middle to ring finger length.

Members don't see this ad :)
In terms of female talent:

Dermatology - gorgeous but high maintenance. Probably already wearing a huge wedding ring.

OB/Gyn - some are very attractive, but miserable and most likely below the Vicky Mendoza diagonal.

Pediatrics - probably the best bet for someone who is attractive, nice, and sane.

Surgery - don't expect anything long term. Could be fun while it lasts, but be prepared to wake up one morning in a bathtub full of ice missing a kidney.

Reactions: 1 user

Dermatology - gorgeous but high maintenance. Probably already wearing a huge wedding ring.

OB/Gyn - some are very attractive, but miserable and most likely below the Vicky Mendoza diagonal.

Pediatrics - probably the best bet for someone who is attractive, nice, and sane.

Surgery - don't expect anything long term. Could be fun while it lasts, but be prepared to wake up one morning in a bathtub full of ice missing a kidney.

Generally agree. Would add Ophtho tends to be pretty stacked.

Chicks.

From what the ladies tell me the dudes can be found in:
ortho - jock type, all american good looking
neuro - mcdreamy, approachably good looking
plastics - mcsteamy, intimidatingly good looking

Ophtho and urology both have had great female talent in my experience, but such a low sample size I didn't want to generalize.

There were definitely a couple of urology residents I met who could cure ED with a physical alone....

Derm and urology females are generally the cutest.

Sadly, the latter part is true...only reason I went into this was to meet hot people...but they're all already married!!! High maintenance is a good thing, actually...I like people who have self-esteem. Ah well...looking forward to AAD and SID...:oops:).

Sadly, the latter part is true...only reason I went into this was to meet hot people...but they're all already married!!! High maintenance is a good thing, actually...I like people who have self-esteem. Ah well...looking forward to AAD and SID...:oops:).

Self esteem and being high maintenance are two very different things.

Acutepuncturists /fail

Members don't see this ad :)

Two words: baby crazy

Two words: baby crazy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4rnUE2Icz4

tumblr_ky3eisYH191qzpph3o1_500.png

Radiology
Surg specialties like ent, optho and the more intellectual medical specialties like endocrine
Derm only if you can tolerate mega princess/diva complex
Peds and OB- just no.

Anesthesia has had some serious talent from my observations.
Peds is generally solid as well but agree with the previous poster about being baby crazy.
FM has been hit or miss but when it hits it can be impressive.

Anesthesia has had some serious talent from my observations.
Peds is generally solid as well but agree with the previous poster about being baby crazy.
FM has been hit or miss but when it hits it can be impressive.

To some extent, aren't all of them a bit baby crazy?

Except possibly for the female surgery residents. I feel like some of them, were they to reproduce, would be likely to eat their young. They're kind of like sharks - can be pretty from afar, but prickly and might take a bite out of you. (Still better than OB residents though.)

= all of the women I've met in medicine. The cardinal rule of dating still applies -- single, attractive, mentally stable: choose two. Props for the HIMYM reference.

In my experience, surgery and surgical subspecialties tend to have the most attractive women, but most of them can also chew men and spit nails, so it's definitely a tradeoff. Fortunately I'm attracted to domineering women...:love::laugh:

Hahha. Surgery is interesting. Since its traditionally a male dominated field, most of women in surgery tend to have very outgoing personality. Very few women in surgery is "shy or low key." But most tend to complain a lot about how much their personal life sucks.

= all of the women I've met in medicine. The cardinal rule of dating still applies -- single, attractive, mentally stable: choose two. Props for the HIMYM reference.

In my experience, surgery and surgical subspecialties tend to have the most attractive women, but most of them can also chew men and spit nails, so it's definitely a tradeoff. Fortunately I'm attracted to domineering women...:love::laugh:

I'm with you there. :laugh: I figure they're going to run your life eventually anyway, why beat around the bush? I still wouldn't marry a surgeon or ob/gyn though... :scared:

I'm going to say PM&R

If you're looking you should see if any of you're ENT friends have any new Audiology interns/employees that need to be given the tour of the city.

so many garbage topics lately

He or she could be alluding to the objectification of women as commodities:( Just a guess. In addition to lack of clear relevance to medical school.

Generally derm, but the hottest doc I've met so far is a Podiatrist.

Chicks.

From what the ladies tell me the dudes can be found in:
ortho - jock type, all american good looking
neuro - mcdreamy, approachably good looking
plastics - mcsteamy, intimidatingly good looking

More plz.

I simply do not want to read any more of this thread after this as it is all downhill from here.

Holy god I think 5 carats is a requirement for any good derm program...

Holy god I think 5 carats is a requirement for any good derm program...

The bonus of being surrounded by people like that is that everyone will assume that a 5 carat -sized cubic zirconium is a real diamond. I've seen ones that size on grad students and post docs and it's obvious they're not real, and not because they look any different from diamonds.