Who are the cutest specialties in medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The bonus of being surrounded by people like that is that everyone will assume that a 5 carat -sized cubic zirconium is a real diamond. I've seen ones that size on grad students and post docs and it's obvious they're not real, and not because they look any different from diamonds.

I think women can smell the difference.... its gotta be something :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think women can smell the difference.... its gotta be something :confused:

That's my theory as to why newly engaged women are obliged to show their new shiny ring off and let all their female friends look really closely at it. You have to get a really good look at the diamond to tell if it's real or not, therefore everyone needs to inspect it to make sure it's the real deal. :cool:

I also get pissed off when people look for the "hallmark" on the back of bday cards.... Yes I bought it at walmart! so sue me!

I also get pissed off when people look for the "hallmark" on the back of bday cards.... Yes I bought it at walmart! so sue me!

And those same people make a big deal out of homemade cards, like it's so much better to spend time on arts and crafts than to just buy the stupid thing. Division of labor, people! :laugh:

I'm not sure if you're kidding... do people really do this? Do people really care? Balls... I buy cards from the $1 rack all the time.

I'm not sure if you're kidding... do people really do this? Do people really care? Balls... I buy cards from the $1 rack all the time.

people often confuse my enjoyment of irony for other negative qualities (sexism in this case) but I just cannot not say this:

leave it to the first girl to show up to actually get concerned about perceptions of gift cards :p

people often confuse my enjoyment of irony for other negative qualities (sexism in this case) but I just cannot not say this:

leave it to the first girl to show up to actually get concerned about perceptions of gift cards :p
:oops:
Well, I wouldn't say I was concerned so much as astonished at the level of lameness that would be required to check the back of a greeting card for the Hallmark logo. You totally got me, though. :p

Well, I wouldn't say I was concerned so much as astonished at the level of lameness that would be required to check the back of a greeting card for the Hallmark logo. You totally got me, though. :p

Yeah, I agree with what you said and I'm not female. Who the hell checks the back of a greeting card? And is Hallmark really a sign of quality?

She said "balls" in her post. If her name wasn't geekchick, didn't see any other clear indications of her being female....

Members don't see this ad :)

im just joking :laugh:
maybe a few of your arent old enough (and that statement makes me very sad....) to remember the halmark ad campaign where everyone checked the back of the card and wasnt happy until they saw the crown on the back.

maybe a few of your arent old enough (and that statement makes me very sad....) to remember the halmark ad campaign where everyone checked the back of the card and wasnt happy until they saw the crown on the back.
I actually do remember those commercials.

Truthfully, I hardly ever buy cards unless I'm reusing a gift bag and I can't use the tag on the handle because it's been written on, so I tear it off and get a cheap greeting card I can put inside the bag so it goes to the right person and they know who it's from.

That's right, I buy $1 greeting cards so I can reuse gift bags. I'm cheap as hell.

Anyway, I don't want to keep derailing the thread. Carry on.

I actually do remember those commercials.

Truthfully, I hardly ever buy cards unless I'm reusing a gift bag and I can't use the tag on the handle because it's been written on, so I tear it off and get a cheap greeting card I can put inside the bag so it goes to the right person and they know who it's from.

That's right, I buy $1 greeting cards so I can reuse gift bags. I'm cheap as hell.

Anyway, I don't want to keep derailing the thread. Carry on.

Lol yes, because serious business is afoot.
gift bags are awesome. Throw item in bag, throw shredded something or TP-esque something on top of item. Give item to someone. wham, bam, thank yo..er... you're welcome?

Lol yes, because serious business is afoot.
gift bags are awesome. Throw item in bag, throw shredded something or TP-esque something on top of item. Give item to someone. wham, bam, thank yo..er... you're welcome?

Considering most cards are probably going to mothers/grandmothers, are you sure you want to finish that sentence?

"Wham, Bam, Thank You... GrandMam?!?"

I remember those commercials. Doesn't mean anyone not directly employed by Hallmark ever actually did that...

lol no. I wasnt sure if you seriously thought that I think that is a normal behavior.

shark-adventure-water-swim.jpg
Jawsome!