Who else matched!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nvrsumr

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My message said youve matched.
Can I tell if that mean I matched at a 4 year program vs a prelim + 3 year program? I want to narrow down my possible programs!

Members don't see this ad.

hey dude, yeah, that e-mail doesn't help. it basically means you matched at EITHER a (3-yr prog + prelim) OR combined 4 yr. program. i think if you didn't get a prelim (or got a prelim but not the categorical), they have to let you know so you can scramble b/c that happened to a guy from my class going into radiology.

so basically you have matched!!! congratulations! and try not to bite your nails or pull out your hair fellow fourth years! if anyone has to scramble tomorrow, good luck...everything has a reason. perhaps you'll find a better place, perhaps you'll find a better specialty. just know that you will have a 'pseudo-early' match tomorrow.

gwen

ugh

no match for me...

I guess the scramble will be a busy day for yours truly...I really hope I can find a pmr spot somewhere....the thought of interviewing again...spending money on travelling...ugh...

if anybody is so inclined, I'm happy to accept any prayers on my behalf, regardless of your system of beliefs or worship preference...

Members don't see this ad :)
"Congratulations, you have matched to an advanced position but not a first year position!"

Emory, see ya in 2004:)

Where will i be in july??? will find out tomorrow or wednesday.

i hope everyone gets their first choice

:clap:

Originally posted by dorkwood
ugh

no match for me...

I guess the scramble will be a busy day for yours truly...I really hope I can find a pmr spot somewhere....the thought of interviewing again...spending money on travelling...ugh...

if anybody is so inclined, I'm happy to accept any prayers on my behalf, regardless of your system of beliefs or worship preference...

Good luck with scramble. We'll be rooting for you.

Hey, I've only posted sporadically between interviews then finishing two core rotations back to back but wanted to wish everyone good luck tomorrow. Oh and good luck to those scrambling.

TY @ Maryland General Hospital

this whole agonizing process is finally OVER!!!!!!:D :clap: :D :clap:

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that I matched in to a PGY-3 PM&R slot and a PGY-1 (Prelim. Med) slot. I am glad I matched. I know 3 people who did not match. If you think this year was bad many program directors predict that application will sky rocket next year. The secret is out.

I remember one of forum members once wrote:

PM&R (what does it mean-Plenty of Money and Relaxation)

One of my friends who will finish her rehab residency this june has just signed a contract to do outpatient rehab with a group of ortho guys. They signed her for 205, 000 right out of residency!!!

Who's your daddy? Rehab Baby!! :D

pgy-3? Marathon chick, what will you do for pgy-2 year??

well.....I scrambled the best I could...but I couldnt locate a spot..

does anyone know anything about Mercy Hospital in Pittsburgh? I had a verbal offer, but when I signed and return the contract....they evidently changed their mind..

that was painful, and it cost me a good 2 hours of calling and faxing in the scramble!

looks like I'm doing FP with maybe a sports medicine fellowship in the future...I hope!

Congrats to all who matched--enjoy that Plenty of Money and Relaxation!

David

Congrats to those that matched...

Dorkwood>Sorry to hear that. If sports medicine is really your interest, think of it this way:
You'll finish in the same amount of time(3 yr Fam Prac + 1 yr fellowship) and more sports fellowships are available for FP graduates.

And regardless of anything else, you're about to be a MD. That's nothing to scoff at in the least.

If it's any consolation, I'm not even sure I would have matched(and if I did, not sure I would have matched here) if I had to apply during your year...the match rate when I applied was like 78% or something...

Anyway, if PM&R is really what you want to do, don't give up hope. I know of more than a few people who happened to switch into rehab after their PGY1 year. Some programs add spots, sometimes people decide PM&R really isn't what they want to do, or some other unforeseeable circumstance occurs and low and behold look who's in the right place at the right time?(umm...that's supposed to be you if you didn't know that). So keep your head up. All things will fall into place in due time. I mean, we've all waited this long haven't we?
:)

Originally posted by dorkwood
pgy-3? Marathon chick, what will you do for pgy-2 year??

well.....I scrambled the best I could...but I couldnt locate a spot..

does anyone know anything about Mercy Hospital in Pittsburgh? I had a verbal offer, but when I signed and return the contract....they evidently changed their mind..

that was painful, and it cost me a good 2 hours of calling and faxing in the scramble!

looks like I'm doing FP with maybe a sports medicine fellowship in the future...I hope!

Congrats to all who matched--enjoy that Plenty of Money and Relaxation!

David

try maryland general hospital for a TY. i got one there:clap:

good luck

also try the TY in grand rapids, MIchigan. they offered me a spot after i already signed with maryland.

Hello everyone,
I just want to make a correction. I matched in a PGY-2 PM&R slot and a PGY-1 in Internal Medicine. Dockwood have faith do a Prelim year or TY and apply again through the match next year.

sigh,

I wish I could have faith! But with a 2.4 gpa and avg board scores (204, 214) I just dont think I'm going to get a pmr spot at anyplace good....certainly didn't this year and its only going to get worse next year.

I think doing fp and maybe sports med fellowship will work out ok in the long run. I know I was able to get into a much better FP program than any PMR program I might have tried for.

Of course, it would have been nice to think about this BEFORE the scramble...but alas...

congrats again to those that DID match.