Who got cool stuff for Christmas ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RustedFox

The mouse police never sleeps.
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Post your holiday swag.

- Wifey got me an honest-to-God record player. I've collected vinyl for the art/nostalgia value, and now I can actually listen to it. Saweeeeet.

Next?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
My father got me a Northern Brewer's kit with a 5 gallon kettle and the materials to brew an Irish red ale. Its probably the most badass gift I've ever received.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'll let you know tomorow.
I've been working 6a-8p every day since the 21st. My kids opened their Santa presents on the 25th (because they're old enough to read a calendar and we would have to burst their bubble if we tried to explain that Santa was going to come back in a few days), but the family presents we're waiting until my next day off... which is tomorrow.

60 inch flat screen and whole-house audio hook up with phone/wi-fi streaming compatible. Spotify premium in any room, any song, any album by touch of phone, at any time.

Simply awesome.

Reactions: 1 users
Post your holiday swag.

- Wifey got me an honest-to-God record player. I've collected vinyl for the art/nostalgia value, and now I can actually listen to it. Saweeeeet.

Next?

Set it up yet? If so, what was the 1st record you put on?

60 inch flat screen and whole-house audio hook up with phone/wi-fi streaming compatible. Spotify premium in any room, any song, any album by touch of phone, at any time.

Simply awesome.
What system did you get? My house is wired and has ceiling speakers. Right now I have a receiver, but I'd like to add something for connectivity like a Sonos.

What system did you get? My house is wired and has ceiling speakers. Right now I have a receiver, but I'd like to add something for connectivity like a Sonos.
Yamaha receiver plus separate amp, + Apple TV. TV is smart TV and comparable with everything. Had a guy come set it all up.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was hoping for a 350mm laryngoscope blade, but none of my family can afford one, much less knows where to find one.

:annoyed:

I guess I'll just have to survive on tons of chocolate and leftovers.....

http://www.amazon.com/SMS-Audio-Bio...=UTF8&qid=1419707549&sr=8-3&keywords=Biosport

Probably the best noise isolation earbuds I've ever used, but are designed for working out and the sweaty disaster that I usually become. They block just enough outside noise but not so much that I wouldn't be able to hear if a car is about to run into me from behind. They just fit so well. Was previously going through less expensive headphones every couple months so hopefully these last longer

A little late for Xmas, but I got a 'Pass' on my written boards.

Reactions: 2 users
A ton of equipment for my telescope setup. I got bored with photographing earth bound objects. Moving on to the heavens!

From my brother for me to use at work Amazon product

This should be called "Maybe you touched genitals" hand sanitizer, not "Maybe you touched your genitals" hand sanitizer. If you're working an ER shift, there's lots of genital touching going on (medically indicated, and medically necessary, of course) that has nothing to do with touching thine own attached junk. If you're only worried about thine own genital sanitation, you're kinda missing the boat (no pun intended)....no, the whole fleet/armada of genital malaise that sulks in and out of an ED in a days time. They need to tweet their business model. Just sayin'.

Last edited:
Sonos is the shiz.

Got my wife...pregnant. (second daughter born 12/27)
Best gift ever.

Xaelia, where do you work? I'm at Kaiser, maybe we know each other. Portland's a small town. Aren't they all?

Oh, and my wife got me a really nice zippered case for our Cards Against Humanity set that holds all the expansion packs.
Second best gift ever.

Xaelia, where do you work? I'm at Kaiser, maybe we know each other. Portland's a small town. Aren't they all?

You don't know me yet – I won't be starting at Kaiser until April. I decided the weather in the dead of winter wasn't the best way to ease my wife into Portland ....

You don't know me yet – I won't be starting at Kaiser until April. I decided the weather in the dead of winter wasn't the best way to ease my wife into Portland ....
No...not it's not. The first few times I brought my wife to Portland it was winter and she hated it. We came in April one year and it was the first time she wasn't miserable.

<==== Another Portlander here. My main stomping ground is OHSU, but that may be changing soon.

:highfive: