Who has the most interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MacGyver

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed that some people have quite a few already and its just now the end of August.

I have 5 so far. Can anybody top that?

Members don't see this ad.

Will it make you feel good if you are the "king of the hill" when it comes to having the most interviews. Very shallow.

Hey, I 2 whole interviews and I feel like the king of the hill. No one will bring me down... grrrrrrrr.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Fernj75:
•Will it make you feel good if you are the "king of the hill" when it comes to having the most interviews. Very shallow.•
Oh Puh-lease. I'm sure that's EXACTLY what s/he was thinking.

:rolleyes:

I only have one. :(

Can I still be your friend? :D :rolleyes:

You man, congrats! Give yerself a big pat on the back!

Frickin penn people.....

your really freakin stuck up are you?

I hope to god I dont end up in the same school as you...Dont worry I have a good number as well, but knowing that there are some people who are very frustrated with this process. Your behavior is extremely mature and childish. It is different when people post asking which people have interviews from someone posting?

HEY LOOK AT ME< I GOT 5 ANYBODY ELSE BETTER THAN ME? :rolleyes:

oh boy the way,

I have been keeping track of baylor21s and it seems as if he has 6 even 7 so far. That is the differnece between baylor and you. Baylor, doesnt brag about his interviews...on the contrary he tries to help pple out. I admire him greatly for that kind of behavior. He only posts about certain interviews when his asked. So its not like I am jealous of you for having 5 interviews....I actually admire baylor21 and I am HAPPY for him..

You on the other hand, I think are in the wrong profession.... :rolleyes:

Boy, you guys really jump the gun. I wouldn't get to emotional or start assuming peoples' intentions on this board. After all, you're just reading it, and can't tell his tone of voice. I can see how he can be sincere about it and not as "stuck up" as some of you make it seem.

I give you the benefit of the doubt Mac, keep those interviews coming and good luck, actually, good luck to all of you guys!! :D

Let's give everybody the benefit of the doubt and assume this thread was started with a friendly tone, lest we turn this forum into a less constructive place, like certain other pre-med forums some of us have visited from time to time. . . . anyway, I am pleasantly surprised by the huge numbers of interviews that are already in for so many people. I didn't expect the process to get rolling so quickly, especially with the AMCAS mess. Obviously people applying to TX schools are really raking in the interview offers early, but it seems like a good number of other schools are on the ball nationally too. Anybody heard from past years how long the interview season lasts for people who submitted as early as possible? i.e., will I still be waiting to hear from places whether or not I get an interview next spring, or do they pretty much either reject you or offer an interview within a given time period after your app is comlete?

there wasn't any friendly tone to the first post, it was competitive in nature and quite pompous. i think MacGver should crawl back to the princeton review forum where he'll fit in just right. i think that might be the most arrogant post in the history of SDN. i have zero interiviews and my letters are only recently going to be mailed in. give us, the other 90% of SDN posters a break.

I think there was some arrogance in his post...but give the guy a little break...

Baylor21 is an awesome guy!
MacGyver doesn't have the "reputation" here as being able to say what he just said. I think he did not mean it as an arrogant comment...but like i said, we don't know his tone/personality b/c he hasn't posted enough...so no one knows how to take his comments. Is he being sarcastic? Is he being arrogant? is he being serious? Who knows....

Members don't see this ad :)
MacGyver, I was anticipating a post like this from you, and I'm rather sad I had to actually see it. It's posts like this that make me realize how shallow pre-meds really are.

I think I'll even change my signature because of you.

Andrew

I've been reading this board for quite some time but never posted...so here's my first:

LOL =)

Whatchamacallit and Scooby,

You guys are great, thanks for the votes of confidence..

I'm personally staying out of this. I feel incredibly blessed to have the opportunity to become a doctor and as these interviews pass by it feels like I'm getting a little bit closer.

I've been working up to this time for nearly my whole educational life, as I'm sure the same is true with many of you. I remember coming in as a first semester premed over 5 years ago, and all the anxieties and insecurities that go along with it. The people who helped me out on SDN in the past were completely awesome, and although I cant remember many of their poster names, I do remember how they took the time to offer advice when they really didnt have to do so.

MacGyver, I'm not going to assume anything about your attitude or how you are trying to come across. I hope you have the same sense of humility towards possibly entering a field where you can do so much good for others. I know that sounds sappy and cliched, but oh well.

Let me just add that I wish I had influence on admissions committees to get alot of you fellow SDNers in the same med school class as me, if I should be lucky enough to get in.

MacQyver I gotta say your the man for having 5 interviews not to mention being able to do all of your own stunts ;) and to feed your ego even more - I don't have a single interview yet :(

Come on, lay off him a little bit. I for one, like Macgyver, love to have information and overanalyze it. In the times that I'm not checking my mail slash e-mail this is the only place where I can get current information on what is happening with the different schools and everybody else. I would actually love to know all the interviews granted and what the stats are so that I could say, hey, here's my stats, here's his, we turned it in at the same time, so maybye I could be getting a vandy interview soon.
Granted, maybe Macguyver could be doing it as a ego boost. But we make it just as bad by jumping all over him. I really doubt he posts here again because of what happened and to be honest that's a same. He has great stats and applied extremely early and should get the first interviews at every school he applied to. He is a great information sorce so that we know NYU is rejecting us, but just is extremely slow. Anyways, just thaught I would put my 2 cents in.

Josh

Well, I don't have more than Mac, but I guarantee that nobody has less interviews than me thus far (unless you count outright rejections as -1 or something). I have 0 scheduled. ;)

Maybe it's a blessing to have to wait. This way, I can get advice and feedback from those who go before me. :D

Also I'd like to reiterate baylor21's suggestion that we take each step of this process with a good helping of humility.

I don't have a single interview and I am proud of it!!!!!!!!!!!! In fact my reccommendations aren't even in!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Question: How many interviews does one need to get into medical school?

Answer: One (except if you are MacGyver, then you probably need at least twenty) :eek: :eek:

i have ZERO interviews so far and i *still* think i'm pretty damn cool. :D

I have a few interviews scheduled, and have been on one, but I don't really gauge that as a measure of the likelihood that I will be accepted. I have read many posts on this forum that have stated that a person went on five-plus interviews and still was not accepted anywhere. I would use caution when assuming that because one has many interviews at this point they are a lock to get in somewhere.

Also, I would hope that the insults towards MacGyver would stop, and this thread would slow down a bit. I, for one, come to this forum because I feel a sense of cooperation that has completely illuded me in my premed years. I think it is a neat environment to exchange ideas in. Until one is absolutely sure that a person's post is mean-hearted or arrogant in some way, I think it is prudent to assume the best of that person and not lash out at them. The more insults and witty retorts that appear on this forum, I feel, tend to push people to become less interested in coming here. And then we will have all lost something.

I have completed zero secondary application!
No MCAT score yet!

Originally posted by Georgey:

Also, I would hope that the insults towards MacGyver would stop, and this thread would slow down a bit. I, for one, come to this forum because I feel a sense of cooperation that has completely illuded me in my premed years. I think it is a neat environment to exchange ideas in. Until one is absolutely sure that a person's post is mean-hearted or arrogant in some way, I think it is prudent to assume the best of that person and not lash out at them. The more insults and witty retorts that appear on this forum, I feel, tend to push people to become less interested in coming here. And then we will have all lost something.•

Amen, Georgey. Here's what we know about MacGyver. He's part Indian, has a tribal membership card, and participates in tribal rituals and customs, but worried about declaring his ethnic status because he doesn't "look" Indian. He doesn't think a med school that's 45% Asian, 40% white, 10% Hispanic, and 5% African American can brag about its diversity. Thinks the med schools are the real problem for not abandoning AMCAS. Thinks Stanford's attitude is crap. Knows about Georgetown's financial problems. Posted his stats before asked, but then said he knows other factors are more determinative and that he'd love to go to med school with any of us. Didn't re-post his stats when asked. Had a hard time comprehending that Loki could have actually done what he said he'd done. He's applying to MD/PhD programs. Has a bunch of interviews already. Sounds pretty human to me. While I don't agree with everything he says and think he could have worded his original post a little more tactfully, I think he's entitled to his opinions (and even a little cockiness with those stats!), and I certainly hope he continues to post.

You guys are right! Jumping down throats is FUN!!! :rolleyes:

I didn't realize we were still using the term 'stuck-up'. Go figure.

wait you said indian

as in native american indian? or hindu indian?

if it is hindu indian, that is SO IRONIC

cuz, him being an immigrant his bashing all the IMG international medical graduates that this country is too full....... :rolleyes:

how ironic huh? can you say self-hating immigrant? :D

I have read many posts on this forum that have stated that a person went on five-plus interviews and still was not accepted anywhere[QUOTE\
I assure Macgyver that if he goes to the interviews with that same attitude hes gonna be turn down in his 5 or plus interviews he has, its not the number of interviews you have but how well you do on them that counts!!!

Mig2x, MS2

Mig2, this is totally unrelated to this thread, but I noticed you are from Puerto Rico, and I wanted to know how amenable the three schools in PC are to mainland applicants. I do speak Spanish (the European "vosotros" Spanish, that is, having lived there for a year, not that it makes a difference), but I did not apply there because I thought they would only accept from "in-state." Can you give me the inside scoop? Thanks.

Baylor 21, admire your taking the high road.
WatchaMaCallit, only American Indians have tribal identification cards, and not all Asian Indians are Hindu. Plus, you thanked MacGyver for posting his stats earlier, so why all the vitriol now?

as I said, posting on the thread

which interviews have you gotten, and when you ask someone's stats is different from posting

"I got 5, can anyone beat me?" :rolleyes:

there is a difference

wow I must say how much I admire Baylor's character and integrity....if there were a lot of pple like him, then the world would have been such a better place :D

prayin4md, where the heck are you? this is the point you come in and agree with the rest of us ;) we're smooching baylor's ass :D

you know when I came to this site, the first person to post any secondary questions was baylor, he took the time and posted like 40 secondary questions from 40 schools....you got to admire his character for that .....

luv2luv baylor21 ;)

Heh...

I think Macgyver learned his lesson...

Also, I don't think people are jumping the gun or misunderstood his original post.

If he meant something else, he would have posted a response by now to defend himself...

Guys, I was NOT intending for this to be a 'i'm better than you' type thread. Looking back at my original post, it might appear thats what I was trying to do, but it was not. I was just trying to get a feel for whats going on out there. Kudos to you, baylor, it appears you have the most interviews so far with 6. Some of you have used your own interpretations instead of what I actually posted in the thread. I was not trying to come across as cocky, but I am confident. I dont think I'm the best out there, I was just trying to get a feel of where I stack up at this point.

Some of you are taking this to the extreme, saying that there is no hope I will get accepted because I must be some kind of cocky jerk. If you knew me in person, you wouldnt think that at all. On this forum, I let some of the deeper, more gutteral instincts arise in my thoughts. I think most of you have some of the same deep, dark thoughts. None of us would voice these face to face, but on an anonymous internet site it makes things easier to cut to the heart of the matter and quit pretending that we are all friends here. I dont hate or really dislike any of you, but I dont think we are buddies either.

I dont necessarily wish anyone good luck either, because your good luck would come at my direct expense. Alot of you seem to be implying that you hope others do well, but dont seem to realize that if they do well in this process, it will slightly hurt your chances to get in. Its nothing personal, its just part of the trials of getting accepted with such a large applicant pool competing for limited spots. I seriously doubt any of you would turn down an acceptance to someone else because you wished them well and are honestly concerned with how they turn out in this process. Lets face it, we are all serving our own interests. People saying to each other 'good luck i hope you get in' are NOT being truly honest. Or if they are truly being honest, then they must not care as much as I do whether they get to pursue medicine as a career or not.

Again, nothing personal against any of you. I view this more of a business at this point. I have to take care of #1 first, not worry about helping people who are competing directly with me.

You have to give the man credit. He tells it like it is....straight up and with no BS.

But Mac, I would say that it is in everyone's best interest to be helpful on this forum so that generosity will be returned. I would say that for the most part (I am just assuming here) that the people that demonstrate the interest in coming here have also taken a deep interest in their applications. Thus, I feel as though the majority of people on this forum will be accepted to A medical school, given that I know of so many that haven't gotten in due to less than optimal interest in their med school pursuits. I think that should take a little bit of the edge off the competition at least within this context here. And BTW, I think that because I am rather certain I will be accepted at least somewhere, even if it is a DO program (please don't think I am trying to be cocky by saying this), I feel a little more comfortable saying that I truly do wish good luck for those I tell that to. If I perceived myself as more on the bubble though I probably would tend to feel more like what you stated in your post. Which is what I don't understand about you? You seem like a lock to get into med school with everything I know about your stats and interest in medicine. You should not be all that concerned with the competition given that you are probably in the top five percent of medical school applicant.

ewwww gosh, I don't like this guy at ALL anymore

"I dont necessarily wish anyone good luck either, because your good luck would come at my direct expense. Alot of you seem to be implying that you hope others do well, but dont seem to realize that if they do well in this process, it will slightly hurt your chances to get in. Its nothing personal, its just part of the trials of getting accepted with such a large applicant pool competing for limited spots. I seriously doubt any of you would turn down an acceptance to someone else because you wished them well and are honestly concerned with how they turn out in this process. Lets face it, we are all serving our own interests. People saying to each other 'good luck i hope you get in' are NOT being truly honest. Or if they are truly being honest, then they must not care as much as I do whether they get to pursue medicine as a career or not.

Again, nothing personal against any of you. I view this more of a business at this point. I have to take care of #1 first, not worry about helping people who are competing directly with me. "

:eek:

NO on the contrary if one of my friends got in, INSTEAD of me, then I WOULD STILL BE HAPPY FOR HIM AND HER....what a freakin stuck up...

besides, there is probably ANOTHER school thta could accept me instead, besides lets say I wished all my friends good luck and I didnt get accepted this year....I MIGHT NOT HAVE WHAT IT TAKES, work harder and apply again next year!!!!

ewwww keep thinking about yourself macguyver, you started out well and it became extremely repulsive at the very end....whenever I say goodluck I mean it...it isn't a cliche....maybe that is how U are but I'm not......it's very sad that you feel that way.....I was VERY replused by that post....maybe you should try moving your posts to princeton review.....from now on, I won't even bother replying to your posts....I am ashamed that there are premeds like you :rolleyes: :(

Yeesh...

Speaking as someone who is DEFINATELY "on the bubble", I have a much slimmer chance of getting in than a lot of you. However, I'm not lying when I wish others luck. I really mean it. I really appreciate the info I get here, and when I find something out I try to return the favor by posting it here right away. I suppose I am in competition with others, but I don't look at it like that. Whether I get in or not depends on ME, no one else. I kinda resent the idea that if I don't say "I hope you all get hit by lightning because then I'll have a better chance", then I must be dishonest. Ain't true.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! And yes, I really mean it.

Gee, MacGyver, you're digging yourself a deeper and deeper hole. What you said was true (for the most part, except for your trying to mind read posters who wish others good luck) about us all being in competition, but you seem to have missed out on the SDN's unique spirit of goodwill,camaraderie and helpfulness. Kind of like good sportsmanship, respecting & even admiring your opponent, and let the best man win. It's really a shame that you have, because many of us are reveling in it. Your philosophy, taken to the extreme, it would seem to me, would not even allow for a sincere motivation to help other people through medicine (or do you, as implied by your remarks on the internship thread, only want to have the greatest impact?). I recommend (in the irrepressible SDN spirit of helpfulness!) that you think long and hard before letting any of those types of sentiments out of your mouth at interviews.
One more thing, your statement that you were only trying to find out where you stand is a little suspect when you're a URM with stats like yours.

It is because of comments like those that have been made on this topic that pre-meds are considered the most cut-throat, competitive students in any university. Just a fact. :rolleyes:

To Mac: are you gonna have this same attitude when you're actually in medical school? During clerkships? During your internship and residency? I'm in the app process like most everyone here, but I know several M*'s, residents and practicing docs that have all told me stories about the guy with the great stats that got kicked out of med school or thrown out of residencies for being--simply put--a jerk. I hope you really give your posts some thought before hitting the submit button, because you certainly don't sound like a team player, and that's what medicine is all about. I'm not pulling this outta my ass, either. Unless, of course, your goals are to become a labrat (no offense to all you PhD hopefuls, only to this guy).

yoiu know honestly macguyver, it is very baffling for me

cuz if I remember your STATS, it kicked most our asses.....having said that, I don't understand why you have this HUGE insecurity about saying "good luck" to someone cuz their going to take "your" place...there are 100 pple on average in each class....I doublt all "one hundred" pple are going to take your "place"...

I wish everyone the best of luck, even if I dont get in.... :D

if "getting in" means cut throating everyone else and thinking your the best at everything then maybe I aint that cruel ;)

geeez modesty is a good virtue...you know at first, I became doubtful that maybe your original post was meant in a bad way...but after reading your buttal...honestly you removed all doubt :( so sad

Originally posted by WatchaMaCallit:
•prayin4md, where the heck are you? this is the point you come in and agree with the rest of us ;)
I'm right here but everything I want to say is already being said by others, and considering I'm on vacation, I'll just let them do the talking since they do it so well anyway. :) But for the record: Yup, I pretty much do agree with what you guys are saying.

As far as wishing others good luck, when I say it, I REALLY DO MEAN IT! And if I don't get in to med school (God forbid), then they probably deserved it more than I did. Why should I be bitter about that?

If I remember correctly, Mac's stats kick ass so it baffles to me why he is insecure about wishing others good luck. If you're counting on another person's downfall to bring you success then you have major problems. It always amazes me how people need validation from others to reassure themselves of their worth. My accomplishments are worth more when I surpass my own expectations, not when others fail so that I can succeed.

Looks like the premed motto really is: "Do unto others BEFORE they do unto you." :(

I had forgotten about Baylor giving all those secondary questions out. Talk about good sumaritans! All in all, he really is very cool about stuff like that and people like him genuinely mean it when they say good luck.

One more thing MAC, I won't say "good Luck" if I don't want that person to succeed, so the element of fakeness is not present when I do say it. If I don't want that person to get into med school, I will simply remain silent and not wish them good luck but when I say it, believe me, I mean it. Note the absence of those words right here. ______ ______. Interpret what you will. ;)

Originally posted by MacGyver:

Again, nothing personal against any of you. I view this more of a business at this point. I have to take care of #1 first, not worry about helping people who are competing directly with me.•

But you'll take all the help you can get from the poor, naive and/or insincere posters to this site, eh?

gosh praying4md

"notice the absence of those words here _________ __________"

ur hilarious girl...that cracked me up....

lol :D

oh and since when saying "Goodluck" actually really worked?! :rolleyes:

i begged one of my friends to wish me goodluck like 10 times before an exam, and I ended up nearly failing the damn thing :D I am glad the final exam was the final grade in the class.....sheesh

so I guess if I say

good luck good luck good luck good luck good luck good luck good luck good luck good luck good luck

OH MY GAWSH...there goes 10 seats :D ;) hehehehe this is ABSURD pple Absurd....

What an interesting topic.. This is actually my fourth time applying. I am not 'premed' nor have I ever been in a program of premeds. I've heard stories before, but never really experienced the mindset of premeds til I started visting SDN. I can honestly say, I am ashamed.

I do wish all of you luck. I don't care what your stats are, who you are, or where you're from. We've all walked a long road and worked so hard to get to this point. Some of won't get in this year. That's a terrible situation and I know - I have a stack of 57 rejection letters and postcards attesting to that fact. I wish everyone that applied to med school could attend. The fact that this is our dream should be sufficient enough. But in reality, we may have to taste failure before we achieve our goal.

Me? I'm not competing against anyone. I see no reason for it. I don't look at it as someone 'taking my spot', and if by chance you get in and I don't, then you deserve it much more than I. But there's a thin line between arrogance and confidence - I just hope everyone here will know the difference.

Andrew

Originally posted by WatchaMaCallit:
•good luck good luck good luck good luck good luck good luck good luck good luck good luck good luck

OH MY GAWSH...there goes 10 seats :D ;) hehehehe this is ABSURD pple Absurd....•

I just hope my seat wasn't in that bunch. ;)

Whatchamacallit and praying4md,

Actually I cant take full credit for those secondary questions I posted on here a couple of months ago.

I got them from somebody from last years application cycle. I just looked over the questions, compared them to the ones on the secondaries I had already received for this year, and made a few corrections.

Most of the work had already been done for us. :D