Who is going to Shenandoah University in the Fall??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aksexton

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I was just wondering who will be attending Shenandoah University in the fall of 2010. I think it would be cool to get to know some people in my class. I will be going there if I pass my last prerequisite, Chemistry. Blah!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello AKSexton! I think we briefly chatted in another thread about SU acceptance. I will be attending as well if I don't get into my first choice, VCU. Been waitlisted, so paid the deposit for SU. The main reason I'd rather go to VCU is b/c I live in Richmond with my fiance, and the tuition is soooo much cheaper. But if I end up going, I know I will love it since I was so happy with the school and the current students. I interviewed elsewhere and SU really raised the bar. I know what you mean with pre-req's- I'm currently in Chem II, Physics II, and A&P II....YIKES!!! The good thing about SU is is that if by rare chance you'd get below a C, you could still retake it this summer. I'll stay in touch, and hello and congrats to all accepted at SU!!

Last edited:
vapt,

Wow you have quite a load! I thought I had something to stress about! I better get above a C in chem II! I really don't want to have to retake it and would love to enjoy my summer before school starts. When will you know if you get taken off the wait list and accepted to VCU? Congrats on getting accepted to SU. I thought pretty high of the school myself and declined my other acceptances and interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I am currently up in the air about whether I'll be at SU in the fall. I sent in deposits to both MGH and SU. I'll be visiting both schools over my spring break in 3 weeks since I interviewed over the phone at both school. Other than cost, on paper I'm currently leaning towards MGH. But you both seemed so impressed after visiting SU that I don't want to make a definitive decision until after I visit!!

KTTDancer, I remember replying to you in the stats thread. Good luck with your visits- I'm sure you will make a good decision based on your tours. It prob. really only boils down to the setting you'd prefer. AKSexton- I was told a month ago that I was on the next set of applicants to be accepted, so I have been checking my emails so obsessively (along with my fiance) that my mouse could explode at any minute. I've never been so impatient about anything in my life, especially b/c it not only changes my life, but hers as well. But here I am preaching to the choir:)

Hey guys,

I have decided on Shenandoah as well. I got accepted to Bellarmine, which did not really impress me and I turned down all my other interviews (I applied to schools far from Michigan, not worth the trip). Anyway, I am psyched to go this fall.

You guys have any idea on the official cost? I was looking at the curriculum and I guess it is 99 credits total. If it is around $700 a credit, that puts it at 70K for tuition. I guess that is pretty standard for a private school, some are even more. Just trying to get an idea on the debt I'll have. Either way, it will be worth it.

Also, have you guys looked into housing? I was thinking of just going through craigslsit

Hey guys,

I have decided on Shenandoah as well. I got accepted to Bellarmine, which did not really impress me and I turned down all my other interviews (I applied to schools far from Michigan, not worth the trip). Anyway, I am psyched to go this fall.

You guys have any idea on the official cost? I was looking at the curriculum and I guess it is 99 credits total. If it is around $700 a credit, that puts it at 70K for tuition. I guess that is pretty standard for a private school, some are even more. Just trying to get an idea on the debt I'll have. Either way, it will be worth it.

Also, have you guys looked into housing? I was thinking of just going through craigslsit

Yeah, 70k was my estimate as well. Another private school I applied to was almost 10k more, and not nearly as nice, so it seems pretty standard. I checked CL a while ago for Winchester and found some rediculously nice places (remodeled, ammenities included, pets ok) for great prices, so def stick with that plan. Since Winchester is so small, the cost of living seems to help negate some of the high cost for the program.

Alright, guess I'll be seeing you all this fall. Just got the rejection from VCU, so SU here I come. Almost relieved to be off that damn waitlist after so many months...

Vapt, sorry to hear about your rejection. The move for you and your fiancé will be a transition but I am sure you guys will get through it. I bet it is nice to at least relax and know you will be going to a good school. A therapist that I interned with graduated from SU and owns his own practice so he is pretty successful! The chairman of the program graduated in the same class with the therapist I worked with!

I haven't looked into housing yet but I need to do that soon. Have they sent you guys anymore information about when classes start or anything in general? I haven't heard anything since I was accepted and recieved notification that they got my deposit. I heard Linda Burrow is good about finding roommates for people so I'm trying to decide when I should contact her. It would be cool to room with someone in the program!

Congratulations everyone!

hey guys,
congrats everyone that got in!! I am actually a pharmacy student and currently my room mate in the respiratory program, but she is graduating. So if anyone is looking for a room mate please message me! Thanks! =)

hey all~I'm going to Shenandoah as well and cannot wait to start. In reference to the housing questions I was in Winchester the other weekend looking for an apartment and there are some really good places. I actually got a place in Stuart HIll. Its a 2 bedroom apartment and its about a 10 min drive from campus. Its a great price and I know other students have lived there. I would love to live with another DPT student, so if anyone is interested let me know.

hey all~I'm going to Shenandoah as well and cannot wait to start. In reference to the housing questions I was in Winchester the other weekend looking for an apartment and there are some really good places. I actually got a place in Stuart HIll. Its a 2 bedroom apartment and its about a 10 min drive from campus. Its a great price and I know other students have lived there. I would love to live with another DPT student, so if anyone is interested let me know.

Congrats, and I look forward to meeting you and everyone else. I was in Winchester a couple of days ago as well- my fiance has never been there, so was a bit nervous, but we were both pleasantly surprised by the community. Yeah, we're using CL a bunch and have found some great looking spots as well, even one's right on the walking mall. Thanks for the tip about Stuart Hill- we'll have to check those out. Take care!

I'm looking into Shanandoah next year. For those who got in, what was your GPA?

PTCAS= 3.6 overall and 3.8 pre-req's (at time of application)

I spoke with others that have gotten in and even though they had lower gpa's they used the interview as a chance to shine.

Hey SUPT2013 and everyone else!

SUPT2013, I am looking for a place to live, and a roomie...still availible?

Has anybody looking for a roommate heard anything about the "list" of other students looking for a roommate? I was told that I was on the list but have yet to see it!

Also, this is the first time that I have been able to talk to anybody who has gotten accepted to SU for PT. I am PUMPED! If I set up a facebook group so we could get to know one another and make it easy to contact one another, would anybody be interested?

I am so excited to meet you all!

Hey SUPT2013 and everyone else!

SUPT2013, I am looking for a place to live, and a roomie...still availible?

Has anybody looking for a roommate heard anything about the "list" of other students looking for a roommate? I was told that I was on the list but have yet to see it!

Also, this is the first time that I have been able to talk to anybody who has gotten accepted to SU for PT. I am PUMPED! If I set up a facebook group so we could get to know one another and make it easy to contact one another, would anybody be interested?

I am so excited to meet you all!

Count me in. Great to meet you. Just finished my last pre-req exam (A&P), and sealed the deal with grades. See you this summer!

Hello again All!!!!

I have made a facebook group and I want you to join if you are going to SU in the fall!!!! If you dont join.....i will be in a group by myself. haha. Please let anybody else know as well! See you soon!

Search for:

SU PT 2013!

Hello again All!!!!

I have made a facebook group and I want you to join if you are going to SU in the fall!!!! If you dont join.....i will be in a group by myself. haha. Please let anybody else know as well! See you soon!

Search for:

SU PT 2013!

clachance, thanks for making the group on FB! I look forward to getting to know you all better on there! Congratulations to everyone who got in!

In response to rcedillo4, my overall GPA was a 3.7 and pre-req was a 3.5 as well. I had terrible GRE scores but as vapt said, the interview was a chance to shine. Good luck!!:)

I'm applying this summer to SU ...and originally it was just in the middle of my list but now I'm thinking I need to go see this place! Two questions: First, what sort of observation/volunteer hours did people have? (I've done mostly outpatient in the sports med field, trying to get some inpatient). Second: Did anyone apply to the Dual MSAT/DPT program? And how did that go?

I'm applying this summer to SU ...and originally it was just in the middle of my list but now I'm thinking I need to go see this place! Two questions: First, what sort of observation/volunteer hours did people have? (I've done mostly outpatient in the sports med field, trying to get some inpatient). Second: Did anyone apply to the Dual MSAT/DPT program? And how did that go?

Hey. You should definitely come check out the facility. That was a major factor that pushed me to pick Shenandoah.

Regarding hours, I volunteered 40 hours at two outpatient clinics, worked 400 at an outpatient clinic, and volunteered 20 at an inpatient facility. We spent close to 50% of my interview discussing my work/volunteer experience. Every interview is different though, just my take. Good luck!

My pre-req gpa was barely a 3 (could even be in the a high 2's) and my overall gpa was in the low 3's (i think overall was 3.2). I made up for it though cuz i did really well in the GREs. In the interview, I told them that even though I did POORLY my first 2 years of college, I made sure I pointed out that I finished strong during my final years. I also emphasized to them how determined I was to become a DPT. It definitely helps if you have a lot of PT experience at DIFFERENT settings. I worked at an inpatient hospital and an outpatient clinic for like 234321 hours haha, but I made sure I worked hard so that all the PTs wrote good recommendation letters.

So I guess they really do look into the whole package since I was able to get in with my GPA :) Also finish your PTCAS application as early as possible! I think that helped me mucho