Who needs to vent about MCAT prep?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gauss44

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to complain. Complain all you want about anything you like that's MCAT related. I got the idea from a thread on the Non-Traditional Forum titled, "Who Else Feels Crappy," http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/who-else-feels-crappy.864521/page-19#post-15709886 That thread's been going on for years now.

I'm not sure if this will be popular, but here's an attempt at a sequel.

Members don't see this ad.

Good idea, I hope this becomes popular as well

My first vent:

I freaking hate sitting down to do practice passages and just bombing your first one, sets you off in the worst mood for the rest of your sesh....

Reactions: 1 users
As a tutor, and as a former MCAT student, I just can't stand the way that practically every MCAT prep book's answer key is filled with negativity and worse. If this thread has any staying power, I will continue to update the below list of examples (which will start out small). I will make sure that this list remains free of spoilers.

1. "For the mildly paranoid who feel they must consider everything on the MCAT..." prefaces an explanation to an answer in TBR's MCAT Physics book, page 95 of the 2008 book, the Hydraulic Press passage. Me: What a great way to characterize a studious future doctor: paranoid. Thanks TBR.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for starting this!

I'm super worried that I won't improve significantly on my retake and what happens if I bomb it again? What if this is the end of the pre-med trek? *sigh*

Blame it on luck or whatever but sometimes I feel I have the worst luck in the world..with that said, I'm afraid I'm going to somehow screw up the real thing and score way below my average.

I wish this test wasn't so hard. I almost wish that schools would just hand out more interviews and accept primarily the socially normal people who aren't straight book worms.

"For the mildly paranoid who feel they must consider everything on the MCAT..." prefaces an explanation to an answer in TBR's MCAT Physics book, page 95 of the 2008 book, the Hydraulic Press passage. Me: What a great way to characterize a studious future doctor: paranoid. Thanks TBR.
Delicate much? It's just a joke trying to make light of the material. It's not meant to beat you down, it's meant to keep you entertained.

Delicate much? It's just a joke trying to make light of the material. It's not meant to beat you down, it's meant to keep you entertained.

THANK YOU Mad Jack. That is exactly what random one-liners are meant to do. The monotony of reviewing can take it's toll and sometimes a small break is just what the future-doctor ordered. Even our logo represents someone who has bad posture and messy hair from studying so much they have evolved backwards.

Blame it on luck or whatever but sometimes I feel I have the worst luck in the world..with that said, I'm afraid I'm going to somehow screw up the real thing and score way below my average.

That's what happened to me while exactly the opposite happened to my friend.

Thx for starting this thread! I need to vent big time. I yelled out pretty loud earlier in my apt. after getting frustrated with a physics passage! lol

I am just so sick and tired of my measel 9 credits of classes I am taking right now. All of the stupid pointless busy work is taking precious time away from mcat prep. Write up prelabs, write up labs, sapling homework with quizzes, 6 hours of lab, try to study for upcoming exams, go the store to get food, do laundry, sleep, shower, shave....AHHHH! I am so sick of all the dumb and pointless mundane tasks that are taking time away from the mcat!

ALL I wan to do is study mcat but there is always something getting in the way of it.

I totally see now why so many strongly advocating taking the mcat in August and use the entire summer to do nothing but mcat prep. But I have to get my gpa up and summer classes help so much in getting As in short amount of time...

Feel better now. lol

Thx for starting this thread! I need to vent big time. I yelled out pretty loud earlier in my apt. after getting frustrated with a physics passage! lol

I am just so sick and tired of my measel 9 credits of classes I am taking right now. All of the stupid pointless busy work is taking precious time away from mcat prep. Write up prelabs, write up labs, sapling homework with quizzes, 6 hours of lab, try to study for upcoming exams, go the store to get food, do laundry, sleep, shower, shave....AHHHH! I am so sick of all the dumb and pointless mundane tasks that are taking time away from the mcat!

ALL I wan to do is study mcat but there is always something getting in the way of it.

I totally see now why so many strongly advocating taking the mcat in August and use the entire summer to do nothing but mcat prep. But I have to get my gpa up and summer classes help so much in getting As in short amount of time...

Feel better now. lol

I feel your pain..sorta. I had a nightmare the other night that I somehow went forward and time and it's the day before my MCAT and I have not gotten through any of the practice that I meant to do the few weeks leading up to the test. Either my practice passages have gotten harder or I just lost the mojo because I keep seeing my scores slipping down. It's frustrating. The EK 101 passages book has also been thrown because the last few tests in the book are just ridiculous. /rant

ugh my test date is october 25th, every time i sit down to do practice passages some will be great and others ****ty as hell. and even if i get one question wrong i get discouraged it ****kkkn sucks.also I feel like I know nothing, but in reality I know alot. The MCAT really puts a strain on your ego.

I start my MCAT rant at 60 dB and then growing increasingly frustrated start yelling at the MCAT at 120 dB.
By what factor did my sound intensity increase?
:)