who rejected a school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

josh123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
have any of you rejected any schools yet. If so which ones

Members don't see this ad.

Azusa Pacific, Mt. St. Marys, Loma Linda

Members don't see this ad :)
After being offered a number of interviews or being put on waitlists at my top schools, I rejected my interviews for Loma Linda, Midwestern (Glendale), and Shenandoah.

What's the point of this thread? There are a thousand different reasons to accept/reject a program.

What does putting some random schools names up on the board accomplish without any reasoning? Just because some one else rejects a school, that doesn't mean it is inherently bad. There are likely different reasons why other applicants chose to accept the same school.

This thread with out any background explanation is rather unhelpful. Lets try to make positive contributions...

What's the point of this thread? There are a thousand different reasons to accept/reject a program.

What does putting some random schools names up on the board accomplish without any reasoning? Just because some one else rejects a school, that doesn't mean it is inherently bad. There are likely different reasons why other applicants chose to accept the same school.

This thread with out any background explanation is rather unhelpful. Lets try to make positive contributions...

I agree. The thread should be "what school will you be attending" which I thought of creating a little later when everyone has had their time to make a decision.

Josh, don't worry about these guys. It's a forum, you can post whatever your interested in. As long as you're not being offensive you can post what you want. Just because it doesn't benefit every single person doesn't mean you can't post.

For cryin' out loud...

Honestly; all of you who are saying "what's the point of this thread" are being ridiculous. It is interesting to find out who is rejected what school so you can still take notice to if there is still spots in that program or not. Its a forum, youre allowed to post whatever you want. And please tell me you people actually took the time to write about how you don't like this forum post, get a life. This is a good forum post.

And Jbizzle, you all need a life, you post on this WAY TO MUCH. Get off of this topic if you don't like it and while youre at it, get a life.

whoa okay guys, chill.

Be productive, or don't post. Don't bash others. Move on please...

and there is a sticky thread (GPAs, Acceptances, etc.) where people have listed what schools they've applied to, been accepted to, and where they've decided to go. Check there for extra info on this topic.

In this corner, wearing red trunks with gold trim..........Lol. I see this thread has gotten a little testy. I agree that a person can post whatever they want, but I also understand the notion of diplomacy. C'mon guys/gals we can disagree without bashing each other. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Get a life, hmmm, Posted by the person that's all up on my post, wondering why I post all the time. So what if I posted 500+ on SDN, does that mean I don't have a life. I like it when people judge me before they know the true me it's been like that ever since I was little. It's ok, though I still love you. I post when I'm bored at work...nevermind I'm not even going to explain. Don't you see through the stats option that you post 0.69 times a day and I post 0.72 times a day. It's ok I still love you.

And PT2014, you're right it is a forum and people are free to post whatever they want. Just like I did when I disagreed with Josh "for cryin out loud...". Truthfully, Josh123 and every other user on SDN doesn't care what any of us say, because we don't do it to be personal and we're cool like that. It's ok I still love you too.

But we welcome you to the PT forum Dr.Pains.

And Jbizzle, you all need a life, you post on this WAY TO MUCH. Get off of this topic if you don't like it and while youre at it, get a life.

Could you edit out your misquote of my comment and when were throwing stones at jbizzle?

Look:
I merely pointed this out because we already have a sticky that allows for this info.

Extra-Curric:
Volunteer:
Acceptances:
Rejections:
Interviews:

If the sticky were updated with rejections people can search for specific schools names and see who accepted and who declined for whatever reason.

Also, I beg to differ on "its a forum you're allowed to post whatever you want" for clear reasons. I don't think useless attacks on people's character and how they use their free time add anything positive or constructive.

Guys, calm down. Everyone can voice their opinions on this forum, as long as the posts are in agreement with the terms of service. This post may be valuable to some, while meaningless to others. Some of us are just contributing to the thread, answering the original poster's question(s).

I like this forum, it lets me know what I'm going up against. Keep posting things here please and don't listen to the negative people who are posting here.

I merely pointed this out because we already have a sticky that allows for this info.

Extra-Curric:
Volunteer:
Acceptances:
Rejections:
Interviews:

Hefe, I was under the assumption that rejections meant that you had been rejected BY the school-- not that you had DECLINED to attend.

And I agree with waterrboy33, this forum does help all of us to know where we rank with other applicants, as well as give great information/conversations on the profession. :)

Last edited:
Hefe, I was under the assumption that rejections meant that you had been rejected BY the school-- not that you had DECLINED to attend.

And I agree with waterrboy33, this forum does help all of us to know where we rank with other applicants, as well as give great information/conversations on the profession. :)

PS- I will decline my acceptance to Pitt and also decline my waitlist offer at Duquesne.

Yeah you're probably right, I thought they could be put under a single category... I do see the designation between school rejection (by the school) and personal decline (by the student).

I guess I thought this thread would be more helpful with reasons attached to turning down a school if not already stated. Schools don't generally tell us why we don't want to attend, but usually we can say why ourselves.

Carry on.

Yeah you're probably right, I thought they could be put under a single category... I do see the designation between school rejection (by the school) and personal decline (by the student).

I guess I thought this thread would be more helpful with reasons attached to turning down a school if not already stated. Schools don't generally tell us why we don't want to attend, but usually we can say why ourselves.

Carry on.

regarding the sticky thread with acceptances/rejections and all that...the rejections is where you were rejected, but under acceptances/interviews, people generally put (declined) next to the schools they were offered admission/interviews to but choose not to go, so that info is there as well.

Carry on.
All hefe was saying, that I agreed to, was to have a reason for rejecting a school that accepted you for informational purposes.

All hefe was saying, that I agreed to, was to have a reason for rejecting a school that accepted you for informational purposes.

Right-o.

Anyway, I need to update with my declines/whys... But I'm not in the mood to re-hash all of my self-arguments again at the moment. ;)

After being offered a number of interviews or being put on waitlists at my top schools, I rejected my interviews for Loma Linda, Midwestern (Glendale), and Shenandoah.
Can I ask when you applied to Midwestern Glendale? My app went in late October and the supplementary data in late November, with the usual "we have received your application" response but nothing since. :confused:

I received an email on November 3rd saying they received my PTCAS app (which I had submitted Oct. 12) and then a week later (Nov. 10) I got the email inviting me to schedule my interview.

The interviews dates that were available for me to choose from were Dec. 2 and Dec. 16, which I couldn't feasibly go to (finals and such). The interview dates showed up one by one, so they may be still doing more but since I withdrew my app I can't check.

Maybe email/call them to get a status update? Good luck!